Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, City Living, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant and grow sage and then harvest the bush once grown
What happens when the bug occurs? after the plant is harvested, the bush disappears leaving what looks like just the harvestable behind. it still acts like the bush and can be watered and tended, but looks like a single harvestable
What do you expect to see? The bush shouldn't disappear when harvested
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started with the June 3, 2020 patch update

Anyone else have plants disappearing but not completely, just like the bush disappearing 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 478 (25,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants appear as their Harvestables when supersell option is selected.

Hero

Did you ever experience the Honey I Shrunk the Basil and Sage Plants issue in-game? No longer! *No Sage or Basil Plants were harmed in the fixing of this issue*.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

I'm aware that this thread has about 3-4 issues in it and isn't just about the basil sage issue although that was the main topic of this thread.

If you have ANY of the gardening issues mention in this thread still, please create a new thread. Trying to keep separate issues separate this time.

Do test first if your issue is still there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 478 of 478 (19,028 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bushes shrink after harvesting

★★★★ Pro

I can confirm that I'm seeing the same thing after today's game update (PC: 1.63.133.1020, no mods or cc), though what initially looked like the harvestable now looks like this (in my case it was a spliced plant).  Though it doesn't appear to affect all of my garden, as you can see in the picture.

Best regards, 
Jennifer

Message 2 of 478 (25,104 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bushes shrink after harvesting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@obi-kenobi-stan I had two Sage plants do this as well. Both were spliced with other herbs. My non-spliced Parsley plant did not disappear. I'll do more testing to look for any patterns.

tiny plants.JPG

Btw- This is in a no-mod/no-cc (never modded) test save

Message 3 of 478 (25,091 Views)

Plant growth state reversion

★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Moschino.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a save with mature trees with the newest update.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of my mature in season plants revert to the planted growth state.
What do you expect to see? Plants to remain mature/blossoming.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 3rd, 2020 patch with upgraded inventory and billing systems.

I have not had this problem before.  All but 2 of my plants revert back to planted. I have all but plasma fruit, U.F.O., wolfsbane, fang flower, glow orb, quill fruit, and bizarre fruit.  Mandrake and one of my money trees did not revert. 

Message 4 of 478 (25,077 Views)

Basil and Sage with new update

★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the game packs and all the expansions except the pre-order one and romantic garden stuff and laundry day stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sage bush at a mature level or Basil bush at a mature level
What happens when the bug occurs? the plant disappears and it looks like an item just in the planter box
What do you expect to see? A plant
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was from the new update

The plant disappears and it looks like an item just in the planter box

Message 5 of 478 (25,027 Views)

Re: Basil and Sage with new update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

Just to update an earlier post, my Sage plants returned to their normal appearance at 5 am the next morning but they disappeared again when harvested. It seems like it might just a glitch in their appearance. I am still able to take cuttings when they are "disappeared", something you can't do with seedlings or dormant plants.

Before harvestingBefore harvestingAfter harvestingAfter harvesting

EDIT: In addition to being able to take a cutting from the affected plants (ie after they have "disappeared"), I am also able to graft onto them.

Message 6 of 478 (24,959 Views)

Re: Plant growth state reversion

★★★ Novice
@benlow11 I had the same problem all of my season plants (my flowers) reverted back to the just planted stage only my sage and basil remained in the mature blossom stage. I exited the game before it saved went back in and my plans were there and I haven't had that problem since now my sage and basil are doing that miniature "looks like a harvestable" issue that everybody else is reporting.
Message 7 of 478 (24,943 Views)

Re: Plant growth state reversion

★ Apprentice

@dbussell I did the same thing the first time it happened.  The second time I just shift clicked each one that was supposed to be growing and put them back in the state they were before.  A bunch of them reverted again though and my money tree that was in the planted state had bugs flying where the leaves were supposed to be and a bunch of the plants are still getting weeds. Oh and winter and summer plants started growing even though it is fall. I haven't seen any that look like miniature harvestables though and I can't harvest them. I will have to keep my eye out for them. 

Message 8 of 478 (24,919 Views)

Where did my plants go?

★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Water a plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant disappears as if just planted our out of season. I couldn't even activate the bump in the ground at first, just see the plant type and quality. After a while, it showed that and gave me (greyed-out) interactions, but it was a garlic plant waiting to be harvested, and now there's no plant visible. My garden appears the same without watering (but those plants may be out of season). My daughter was able to replicate this on her PC.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see full-grown plants with harvestables ready to be harvested.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Today's patch (6/3/2020)

Looks like this patch is causing a lot of issues.

Message 9 of 478 (24,920 Views)

Re: Where did my plants go?

★ Expert

I also have this issue (though have seasons disabled). It is only one plant though (the basil). Does your plant look like this (see pic)?whatthebasil.png

Message 10 of 478 (24,887 Views)