Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Peatree007

Original Post

★ Novice

This happens to me to any fully-grown plant as long as I don't harvest for 3 days regardless of any other factor. They will revert back to freshly-planted seeds and regrow from there. I can avert this by making sure I harvest them before the 3rd day happens, but I'd rather they remain as decorative pieces, to be honest. I have several large mods and dlc installed, so it's pretty hard to tell what exactly is causing it. 😕

Message 471 of 478 (6,011 Views)

Garden plants glitch back into mounds at 7am game time

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.85.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, seasons, city living, get together, get to work, realm of magic, Strangerville, vampires, dine out, outdoor retreat, cool kitchen stuff, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check garden at 7am
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants turn back to mounds at 7am game time, regardless of season.
What do you expect to see? Plants should be grown as before 7am if season has not changed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Almost every day at 7am in game, the game does this weird glitch and all my plants in my garden revert back to dirt mounds,  regardless of season. They then have to regrow from seeds as before. 

Message 472 of 478 (6,005 Views)

Plants appear as their Harvestables when supersell option is selected.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have no expansions, game packs, and stuff packs installed currently.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with max level gardening skill have a garden of a few things when the plants all have harvestable click on one of them and select super sell. Some plants (flowers, herbs, etc...) appear as if they are the harvestable but still act like the plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? The plant appears as it is it's harvestable, but if you click on the "harvestable" it still acts as it is a plant and you (a sim) can still interact with it as it is a plant.
What do you expect to see? Plants should still look like plants after the supersell option is selected.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This image shows an example.

Message 473 of 478 (5,937 Views)

Re: Plants appear as their Harvestables when supersell option is selected.

★★ Novice

This also occurs when harvest all is selected!

Message 474 of 478 (5,933 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@christian105565 AFAIK, the only plants this happens to all the time is Sage and Basil. It's a known bug. I have a mod that fixes it.

For all other plants, this is a random occurrence that doesn't happen for everyone. I've seen it but it's extremely rare for me. There is another thread already open on that.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/m-p...
Message 475 of 478 (5,903 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, but the plants will disappear before even being harvested. An then I just have floating fruit everywhere. Also my money tree wont grow.

Message 476 of 478 (5,882 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In my game it's all the plants, just some more frequently than others.

Message 477 of 478 (5,867 Views)

Hero

Did you ever experience the Honey I Shrunk the Basil and Sage Plants issue in-game? No longer! *No Sage or Basil Plants were harmed in the fixing of this issue*.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

I'm aware that this thread has about 3-4 issues in it and isn't just about the basil sage issue although that was the main topic of this thread.

If you have ANY of the gardening issues mention in this thread still, please create a new thread. Trying to keep separate issues separate this time.

Do test first if your issue is still there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 478 of 478 (19,085 Views)