by imhotep168

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★★ Novice

sad little cow plant

Message 451 of 478 (1,695 Views)

★ Guide
@fudge7eleven For now you can use testingcheats on, shift click on the cow plant and set his growth stage.
Message 452 of 478 (1,677 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Yaanika Yeah, that works on all plants. (Except for the basil/sage bug)
Message 453 of 478 (1,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Since the launch of ECO, we have had this problem with plants and until today it has not been solved, as well as many others.  It is getting disappointing to play sims 4, each update or each new expansion, several annoying problems appear and take a long time to be solved, I would like you to use more time to fix bugs (you have a huge community to help you) instead of staying  launching packages that bring even more problems to the game.  Since this plant problem and many others you have launched knitting and Star Wars.  I promised myself that until these bugs are fixed I won't buy anything anymore, my last purchase was knitting and the launch of Star Wars was the last straw, and I didn't buy it.  My problem is the same as what people are reporting on these 46 pages.  I think you already have enough information to resolve this at once.  I just left the link to my save game with all these problems (washing machine, dryer, full trash, overturned plants, plants that don't grow, autonomous career that doesn't work) on another topic If you are interested, here is also my save  file, to help resolve this at once.  Some bugs don't happen every 5 minutes, they take time and you need to be patient, just like we've been having with you in these 6 years of the sims 4.

One of my numerous files with this problem is here according to the rules, if you are interested it will be avaliable.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjyzzJ-iQ6gdiRtvM3peZB898zU6?e=gQm695

Thanks 

Plantas_Estufa.png

Message 454 of 478 (1,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I just thought I would add to the pile of posts. I'm using Basemental and my weed dealer has weed plants growing. They do fine for about 2-3 days and then "poof" nothing but little dirt mounds where the plants used to be. I'm just playing base game, get together and get famous but the updates for all the packs that I don't want cause nothing but trouble for my game whether I own the other packs or not. (Like Eco etc.) Just another one of about 5,000 EA bugs. And people used to complain so much about how "buggy" Sims 3 was.  Edit: By the way I saw posts in the forum from June about this issue so my guess is it's not going to get fixed anytime soon.

Message 455 of 478 (1,409 Views)

Re: Cowplant keeps reverting back to plantes stage

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@mcruddI know it's been a month, I noticed you said you have no mods- but it appears, from your picture, that your sim appears to be wearing a face mask (we don't have such things in the sims). Is it a face mask, or was the sim having a mud bath?

Still not impressed that they (the team) have yet to address this issue with plants.

(*Edited for clarity)

Message 456 of 478 (1,389 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@InfiniteVerveits a facemask they put on when bathing in lavender, she loves taking those lavender baths LOL. Yeah I have actually deleted that save now, gave up on it, once I know its all fixed then I will make a new one, until then I am avoiding any plants ingame, which is a pitty since most of my saves used to have some sort of plant.

Message 457 of 478 (1,380 Views)

★ Expert
@mcrudd Okay, just wanted to make sure it was an in game mechanic (because there is a mod which has face masks, so I wanted to be sure anyone who saw that post, myself included, knew what the mask was from, just in case). I don't blame you for giving up on that save- pretty disheartening. Plants are a huge part (for a lot of people) of the game, a very important aspect to gameplay.
Message 458 of 478 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice

It makes me so sad that this is still a problem. I have a save file with a Sim who I would like to live as a self-sustaining gardener/fisherman, but with the the plants resetting every season, it became too frustrating to want to play. This issue as well as the multitude of others really makes the choice between playing the Sims or another game very easy; I rarely choose the Sims anymore.

Message 459 of 478 (1,185 Views)

★ Guide

1.67.56.1020 patch doesn't do anything to this bug. It's proved by the patch note and my real game play.

Message 460 of 478 (1,117 Views)