Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Kathykins

Original Post

★★★ Guide

So a couple of weeks of normal behaviour after planting, my 60+ greenhouse sheltered plants have ALL reverted back to dirt piles. They were all fully grown and ALL were ready to be harvested. 

I'm convinced it has to do with Eco Living and the N.A.P's, because they reverted practically the same moment the new voting started for NAP's at 8am on Friday, 48 sim-minutes ago. Maybe its connected to the Green Gardening thing, what do I know.... We need to get a fix for this ASAP! 

This is game breaking to me, and one of the biggest reasons I stopped playing in July. I feel I might as well take another break, because gardening is a big part of my game. Practically EVERY one of my families have big gardens. Its relaxing and de-stressing, and I find great joy in watching the plants grow, and find uses for them in cooking and what have you. But now, its just frustrating and irritation, and certainly not fun

Message 431 of 478 (1,266 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Kathykins

I think this bug started with the June patch right before ECO. ECO broke quite a lot of things and almost nothing has been fixed yet. Bills are still broken, fabricator is still broken, juicer is still broken, eco footprint is still broken, ALL naps are still broken, nanocan is still broken, exterior garbage cans are still broken... and that's just the things broken by ECO. There are THOUSANDS of other bugs with every single pack in the game.

There are a LOT of game-breaking bugs now. EA is refusing to fix anything any more.

I loved this game for so long, but it's not worth playing any more. I haven't really played it in months. The modding community has been trying to keep up by fixing the MASSIVE amount of bugs but it's too much. A lot of modders have given up and are abandoning the game along with droves of players.

EA is destroying the game. Basically The Sims is dying. We should all just let it go and find something new.

There have been rumors of other new indie sims games coming. Maybe one of those will be good...
Message 432 of 478 (1,257 Views)

★ Guide
@Kathykins EA: Oh shush. Lightsaber go brrrrrrr. :D
Message 433 of 478 (1,238 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@Psychotps Yeah, and I gave it a chance a few weeks before I couldn't play anymore in the beginning of July. There are just too many issues, and all of them are disrupting the game, making it unplayable. I can't tell you how sick and tired I am of seeing sims with lumps of clay and future cubes in their hands absolutely constantly, no matter what neighbourhood I'm in. My sim is trying to run a business, but its impossible, because both customers and employees are playing with those dang things all the time. Forget making a profit. And if they're not, they're interrupting everything to do push-ups or whatever.

I dare not think about how it would be playing without mods, that fix numerous problems and annoyances in the game. Its a terrifying thought.
Message 434 of 478 (1,237 Views)

Plants becoming stuck after randomly becoming mounds or not planted

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31.106.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of magic, island living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Grow plants to "adult" and harvest.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants get stuck as as the just planted version (no crop, dont need to water or weed, can fertilize), and appear as either a mound or as the crop/unplanted version of the plant. Can't harvest.
What do you expect to see? Plants continue to grow normally!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just bought the game 2 weeks ago, and now I have to plant multiple version of everything in the hope that at least one will survive the glitch. 

Message 435 of 478 (1,217 Views)

Re: Plants becoming stuck after randomly becoming mounds or not planted

★ Guide

I've been experimenting with this bug for a while, on and off, and have all the problems as reported here, plants suddenly reverting to just planted, etc. 

Only two, sage and basil, revert to the 'seed' form. So a few days ago I started a new game and haven't planted those two. Without them on the lot, I've had no problems, everything is growing as it should, nothing has reverted to 'just planted' suddenly. The plants are currently all outside so I can't yet say whether it's the same for sheltered plants, but I'll be checking that out later.

No idea if it will continue as the game ages, of course, so far it's been five seasons with no problems, just putting it out there for others to try, maybe, and see what happens. 

Good job basil pesto isn't a Sim recipe.

Message 436 of 478 (1,095 Views)

★ Guide
@cikafitz What about the quality levels?
Message 437 of 478 (1,085 Views)

★ Guide

@Yaanika wrote:
@cikafitzWhat about the quality levels?

Behaving as they should so far. The lot’s in Del Sol Valley, and a completely fresh start, and at the moment it doesn’t seem to have any plant problems.

It is a relatively new game though, so it might all go pear shaped at some point..

Message 438 of 478 (1,082 Views)

★ Guide
@cikafitz Amazing. Come to think of it in my previous testing I did plant basil and sage. I'm gonna test this out, too.
Message 439 of 478 (1,042 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bushes shrink after harvesting

★★ Apprentice

Same here. No mods.

Message 440 of 478 (984 Views)