by AvePlumosa

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★ Guide
@Psychotps May the force be with you! :D
Message 361 of 478 (960 Views)

★★ Guide
@Yaanika Maybe they will, if the next patch features new skintones that break Lilsimsie's game.
Message 362 of 478 (936 Views)

★★★★ Expert

If anyone wants to try the mod, let me know in a PM and I'll send a link.

I tried a bunch of stuff and I simply can't get the bug to happen any more.

The mod is a variation of my Gardening for All Seasons mod. So it includes everything in there also. What should happen is, if you have plants reverting to dirt piles, it should cause them to revert to Sprouts instead (half-grown plants). So, I would just need to know if you have plants reverting to dirt piles even with the mod, or no more dirt piles, just reverting to Sprouts instead.

Message 363 of 478 (904 Views)

★★★★ Guide

yesterday there was an issue in the battlenet chat when i played WoW and Blizz sent a Info immidiatley and this morning it was already fixed. this is how it should be!

and thats why i pay monthly for it.

i will not purcase anymore for Sims4 as long as they keep ignoring from now on Standard smile

Message 364 of 478 (840 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura Yea, there are so many other game companies doing so much more and better.

I know I've referenced this before, but look at No Man's Sky. They outright lied to the public, put out a horrible and bug-ridden game. They ended up with the WORST rated game in the HISTORY of steam. People were asking for their money back in droves.

Then look what they did! This was what...two years ago? They have put out hundreds of patches and updates since then. Each one adding new FREE content and fixing everything broken. They have added everything they originally promised in the original release and a TON more. And they haven't asked for a penny for any of the additional content.

The game is phenomenally better now. It still needs a better plot, but the game is a LOT better.

Look at Subnautica. They have been totally and 100% open about their development process. You can see all the bug reports, the devs talking to each other, what they've done for each bug, concept art, new features, decisions for removing old features... They take all player comments and suggestions into count. They are an awesome game studio and the result is an awesome game.

EA could learn a lot from companies like those.
Message 365 of 478 (831 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps exactly and in SWToR for example where EA was unfortunately involved it was the same mess. good game but tons of bugs that have never been fixed (at least not for a long time). people leave the game = one or two years later pay to win model! classic EA 

seems to be more a company issue which is full of bugs itself when i see how other developer are doing very well for their customer..
Message 366 of 478 (808 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@EmeraldLaura That's why I'm anxious to see this new "Life Simulation" game. I'm interested to see how they interact with the public once it goes live. Will they be transparent? Will they quickly deal with bugs? Or will they be like EA and sacrifice game quality for $.
Message 367 of 478 (774 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In one of this twitch streaming videos of the Sims 4, a producer of the Sims 4 (I don´t remember clearly), said that she didn't play the game. So basically the producer was breaking a fundamental rule of product providing, that is knowing your own product. I can understand that she doesn't have time or she isn't interested in games. But this is still part of her job. Good managers do that.

Message 368 of 478 (715 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@AvePlumosa Holy... Are you serious? I've written tons of code, thousands upon thousands of programs over the years. I've been coding since the early 80's. I can't even fathom writing a program and never even RUNNING it. How else are you going to see if it even works?!?!

Well, I suppose that explains why all the packs are completely broken and botched. They never even run it to see if it even works. OMG. That's pathetic.
Message 369 of 478 (687 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psychotps @AvePlumosa Really makes me miss the days of Maxis under Will Wright Frown (unsurprisingly I'm not playing TS4 at the moment, I've kind of lost my "desire" to do so, however temporarily). I'm actually eagerly awaiting the next patch, just to see if it conspicuously features more Streamer-Pandering content, and zero bug-fixes for Gardening. Cynical? I don't personally think so.
Message 370 of 478 (645 Views)