Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Yaanika

Original Post

Re: Plants disappearing after fertilization

★★★ Novice
@SheriGR It's happening to me too, and I don't have Seasons, and I'm on PS4, and I don't use cheats.
Message 351 of 478 (810 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psychotps I take your point regarding the new content, but there's is clearly a difference between all the previously added stuff and the Eco-Lifestyle Era stuff, otherwise these bugs would have all surfaced long before now. It makes me think that the Dev/Support Team have tinkered "too" many times with Gardening, and as a result they've broken numerous things all at once. And because of how integrated and interconnected Gardening is, the Dev/Support Team are unable to rectify all or even one the bugs/issues they've caused, lest they cause a cascade of other problems. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck Psychotps! Who knows, perhaps you'll be able to discover something the Dev/Support Team hasn't?
Message 352 of 478 (777 Views)

★ Guide
@Neutrobyte Sims 3 to this day is completely bugged, no effort was made to fix the bugs. I don't want the same to happen with sims 4.
Message 353 of 478 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Neutrobyte

Well, that's just par-for-the-course. Adding more and more stuff to existing systems will naturally make it more complex. Thing is, once it starts approaching a point where it's getting too complex for them to manage and fix, then they need to STOP. Either that or hire more talented programmers.

Not fixing existing problems, letting them fester for years upon years, and continuously adding new broken content? That's just irresponsible on a massive scale. The problem is only going to get larger and larger until it will no longer be viable to fix.

The current systems have been beyond their ability to understand for quite a long time now. Yet they keep releasing new packs, attempting to add new stuff, making it even more complicated until they reach a point like ECO where absolutely everything in the pack is completely broken.

They are completely destroying this game with every new thing they attempt to add. It's bad enough, the game is BARELY playable as it is, I'm not going to purchase anything further and risk making the game 100% unplayable. I recommend everyone else do the same. Buying all these new broken packs is only going to break your game even further. Just look at the thousands of bug reports already.

I can already see what they'll do. They won't fix a single thing, try to bleed as much money out of it as possible before the game becomes completely unplayable, then they'll just abandon the whole thing. Game no longer playable? Time for The Sims 5! A whole new game to F up.

If they don't fix The Sims 4, then my 20+ year tenure with Sims will end with "4". It's a shame they're destroying the entire franchise.

Message 354 of 478 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

👏 couldn't agree more I've never known a company bring out more content instead of fixing problems first I mean every pack has something wrong with them some are problems that have been around since the start and all they did was give you the ability to name a cowplant what's the point when they won't grow I tried playing it yesterday and lost interest after 20 mins my whole garden is just piles of dirt it looks horrible so disappointing. edited my terrible spelling mistakes.

Message 355 of 478 (689 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps Yeah that's what they did with sims 3. And I guess they will keep doing it with every sims series. Once it's a buggy mess they will release a new title so they can add all the same stuff all over again(seasons, adventures, futuristic stuff etc) and keep milking it.
Message 356 of 478 (662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Rachelharris31

Well, I mentioned it in a different post. The cowplant naming thing was all about money and free advertising. Lilsimsie wanted it, she has millions of viewers, they gave it to her and got a TON of free advertising and they "appear" to be nice. And they didn't have to waste any effort actually fixing bugs.

@Yaanika

I ran into a wall. I wrote the mod that would help me figure out the problem, and now the darn thing won't bug out any longer. Gonna keep trying.

Message 357 of 478 (644 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps She went on a skintone rampage now. Wish these game changers would be as passionate about EA fixing the buggy mess.
Message 358 of 478 (640 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps Or maybe this fixed it lol.
Message 359 of 478 (634 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@YaanikaNo, it wouldn't have. What I did was change the "dormant" state to be "Sprouted" instead of "Planted". My theory is something is mistakenly triggering the plant's dormant state when it shouldn't. So, if my theory is correct, when a plant is mistakenly triggered Dormant, it will shrink to a "Sprouted" stage instead of "Planted".  So, with this mod, If I see the plants revert to "Sprouts" instead of dirt piles, I'll know I'm right and I can start looking for the cause or finding a bypass.

Problem is, the darn thing is no longer breaking at all. Been through two entire seasons, the thing won't revert now. I'm gonna delete and re-plant. They're all Perfect now. Need to restart.

Message 360 of 478 (628 Views)