Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

by Yaanika

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@Psychotps Thanks for trying. If I remember correctly, you disabled EL? I sort of have the same results - I have never seen it without EL enabled.

Base-game-only play, I get the sage & basil reverting to a harvestable after selling or harvesting & the cowplant reverting after a sim eats the cake. 

Base game + EL, I can get the revert-to-dirt-pile, but only if I pause and queue fertilization, and then only if I do it before harvesting or selling.

I know others have reported seeing in different circumstances (for instance, having Seasons but no EL). I haven't tested anything with seasons enabled because I feel like that is just layering on a whole new set of variables. Anyway, I feel it's good info, might help them in tracing the underlying issue. 

Message 331 of 478 (882 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@BlackjackWidow Well, Once I saw everything else in ECO was useless, I disabled the entire pack. But later realized noone else is going to fix it, so I might as well. I've already fixed the Nanocan bug and the power generation problems. I'm looking to tackle the fabricator and juicer problems next. I wanted to work on the gardening bugs, since I'm very familiar with the gardening systems but if I can't recreate the problem, I can't fix it.

At the moment, ECO is turned on, but NPC voting is off. I tried this latest test with ECO footprint turned on. Played in the shipping containers with "Green initiatives" NAP turned on.

No reversions, however my plants evolution states wouldn't stay still, kept going from Normal to Magnificent and back all the time. That's an ECO Footprint problem. If you have "Green", the plants evolution states boost up a LOT. Problem is, the footprint continuously changes, and thus so does your plant's evolution states. There's no way to fix that without fixing the ECO Footprint problem. That's a script mod fix, which is a little beyond me.

I really need to get into script modding...
Message 332 of 478 (855 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps Lol I should ship my whole pc to you so you can fix the gardening. :D
Message 333 of 478 (846 Views)

★★ Guide
@Yaanika I don't know so much about my whole PC, but @Psychotps can have my Saved Game: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmPcD-ueH465i41eIU6C2lRGbF7IvA?e=MEQcHD that way they'll have both your Saved Game and mine to work with (my save uses Get To Work, Get Famous, Discover University, Parenthood, Vampires and Realm Of Magic, as well the digital deluxe and free stuff).
Good luck Psychotps, you are very much a "Marvel" in my eyes (when it comes to The Sims 4 that is).
Message 334 of 478 (806 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine will tend garden or harvest and any plant, it doesn’t matter what kind, will turn back to the just-planted dirt piles. They’ll be in-season as well. It hasn’t been happening as much lately, but it will still occasionally happen. 

Message 335 of 478 (786 Views)

Re: Basil and Sage with new update

★ Apprentice

This is what mine reverts back to. 

Message 336 of 478 (779 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am also having the same problem especially with Sage turning into a "just planted" stage and shrinking into the ground. This is occuring on the ground and into the planter boxes.

However it does not seem to happen with sage grafted onto the spinnach plants. I have also noticed that with "rotational play" coming back into my main house in Willow Creek after playing in one of the other neighborhoods there are lemons and or dragonfruit laying about...The one time the lemons were in the air and not just laying on the ground! It was like the tree had just disappeared but left it's fruit just hanging there! I was unable to collect them , plant them, or pick them up in anyway ..My solution was to get my sim running around EATING lemoons ! (Lol) This bug with the lemon tree has now affected 3 different households - FYI I do not have Seasons or Eco Life installed. Came into Sims 4 late after playing 3 for ages. I deliberately waited for sometime to get the game after learning the hard way with my other sims games for all the bugs to be ironed out (Will they ever managed to do this I wonder ..Seems to me we are constantly asked to be beta testers for Maxis) The main reason I am playing this game was to get and grow all the havestables, my Alien Sim (Maxis made who just "popped" into Daisy hovel ) is a "Freelance Botanist" Aspiration and despite not having a job is sitting pretty on over !00 000 k Wheras his poor wife (A former NPC Nanny with level 10 skills in Piano Violin and Cooking ~ go figure) is struggeling at level 5 catering.

I wanted to have one main gardening family in each hood going around collecting havestables and growing them and then my Alien (in disguise) could go and "visit"  and havest from them what he didnot manage to find within Willow Creek - leaving a gift for them  (normally tomato and or fireleaf/sage)  for their gardens ..The only havestable I have had to purchase through the seed packs was the elusive tomato..All others have been collected in game (still looking for tulips) or grafted from cuttings.  I note this bug with havestables shrinking has been going on for some time if there is a fix please advise ..~ Savuti aka Savuti 6 (Sims 3)

Message 337 of 478 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Yaanika

It FINALLY happened on one of my playthroughs!

08-08-20_8-36-48 AM.png

More than half my plants suddenly reverted to dirt piles. It's a different lot than I usually use, one in Oasis springs. It's a custom house I built, but most of the houses I use are. The play is using my Template save to generate a new game that I ALWAYS use. I almost never use the actual "New Game" feature.

Trying to figure out what caused it on THIS play and none of the others. NPC Voting is off, ECO footprint is off, there are NO NAPs enabled. Although the ECO pack itself is enabled. I have no BeeHive. I don't fertilize any more because of the extremely high evolution rates. I didn't this time either. I just found the plants like this when my sim woke up.

The only thing that might be different is I'm using the "Homey" lot trait. I wanted it for the cooking and handiness boosts, but it also boosts gardening. I tend to not use it much any more because it SEVERELY boosts plant evolution rates. I'm also using the "Home Studio" lot trait because this is a creative sim.  My sim is Creative, Compassionate and Perfectionist. No gardening related traits.

I'll keep looking into it.

EDIT: It's not just a "visual" glitch like the Sage & Basil bug. The plants have actually reverted back to a just "Planted" growth stage.

Message 338 of 478 (541 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps I shouldn't be happy you have the curse now too but I am because I'm hopeful you can fix it.

It's not the lot trait cause I did a new test save in another town, no lot traits, all the eco stuff turned off etc. I gave my test sim traits like athletic etc nothing to do with gardening.

Do you have the latest update? I wonder if that triggered the bug for you.
Message 339 of 478 (519 Views)

★ Guide
@Psychotps Another thing my save and test saves did work on the handiness skill so it's worth a try to check that out.
Message 340 of 478 (516 Views)