Many plants bugs (not the ones you spray for)

by Neutrobyte

Original Post

Re: Super Sell Makes Cowplant Invisible

★ Guide

Yes, it looks like it is the same problem. But I had not experienced it before 'Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle' and June updates.

Message 101 of 478 (2,814 Views)

Re: Super Sell Makes Cowplant Invisible

Hero
@DolphinSSA Yes, this issue came with the June patch.

I've merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 478 (2,798 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem with the sage bush in both my PC game and my xbox game and it started after loading ECO life style and patch on both systems.

Message 103 of 478 (2,752 Views)

Re: Plants disappearing after fertilization

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Same here. I play on a Mac without any mods or CC and my plants go back to the planted state and stay that way, mostly after being watered or fertilized. It happens to all types of plants, flowers or trees. I hope the team fixes this soon.

Message 104 of 478 (2,721 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★★★ Apprentice

So mine wasn't exactly the same but moving plants in a outdoor potter (plants were full grown and producing and perfect) they shrunk down to the soil level when the potter was moved. I didn't save as I didn't wish to mess up the sims garden.

Message 105 of 478 (2,685 Views)

Many plants bugs (not the ones you spray for)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, vampires, Get To Work, Parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and grow a garden that doesn't do weird stuff, and that includes a Cow Plant.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have 2 Sims that tend a garden consisting of many trees, flowers, vegetables, fruit, several alien plants, and a Cow Plant (all except the Cow Plant are grown in planter boxes), and despite watering, fertilising and evolving things, and one of the two sims having the reward that makes all plants he tends have good vitality, everything in the garden has now started randomly regressing back to a watered mound! NO spliced plants will yield rare harvestables anymore, and even crazier, the Cow Plant took many, MANY days to grow, then after a few days of being fully grown, it "visually" regressed back to an earlier stage, yet my Sims can still "Feed", "Pet" and "Play with" it! (and you can still hear the cow plant react!)
What do you expect to see? 1. I expect consistently tended plants and trees to keep improving in quality and vitality.  2. I expect the Cow Plant to grow, sound and LOOK correct.  3. I expect to be able to harvest Cow Berries, Pomegranates, Dragonfruit, and any other rare harvestable.  4. I expect my Sims' garden to NOT randomly forget what stage of development, vitality etc it is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No, it happened after the "mandatory" installation of the pre-Eco Lifestyle Patch.
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I noticed the above after installing the fix for the pre-Eco Lifestyle Patch, and having put up with it for a while now, I decided I had to report the issue.  I don't know if it's previously been reported or not (I've seen posts relating to Gardening in games that have the Eco Lifestyle Expansion installed, but I don't own that expansion).  Before things started going wrong, I was able to harvest Dragonfruit, and yet now I can't harvest ANY of the rare harvestables, from any of a number of spliced plants I have! In one case, a Spliced Snapdragon plant doesn't even have the option to harvest anything other than snapdragons! In regard to the REALLY weird regressing of plants, I have actually seen plants and trees regress, having scrolled away from them for less than a minute! A fully grown, good (or better) vitality tree can suddenly disappear back into the soil, Magnificent quality plants can suddenly drop dramatically in vitality, despite being tended by a Sim with the reward that boosts plant vitality.  I have watched a high vitality plant DIE after taking a cutting from it.  And in regard to the Cow Plant, I have attached 2 screenshots, taken today (the day the Cow Plant went weird).  One shows a sim feeding a Cow Plant that "looks" like it isn't fully grown, yet there is visible green drool! The other shows that despite my Cow Plant no longer appearing to be fully grown, the options to feed, pet and play with it are still there, and they all work.

I have put up with these weird bugs for 16 days now, and I haven't seen any sign of a fix.  It's one thing to break pre-patch saves (I was one of those affected by that, but the fix sorted that issue out), but it's quite another to break a mechanic that is a part of the Base Game, and is therefore a potential issue for ANY Sims 4 Player, not just me.

Please fix this problem ASAP, as it has turned gardening in The Sims 4 into a frustrating chore. 

Message 106 of 478 (2,679 Views)

Re: Many plants bugs (not the ones you spray for)

Hero
@Neutrobyte I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 478 (2,632 Views)

Is this only me having this plant issue?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

5.jpg

Hi, not sure it's from the patch update or other things. I keep planting and the plants go back to this step. The one in the square pot is plasma tree and the other one is UFO plant. Have no clue how to describe this issue in English. They were both mature status and now they are destroyed. I haven't purchased Eco Ep yet.

Message 108 of 478 (2,646 Views)

Re: Is this only me having this plant issue?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@aodoherty There seems to be several new bugs with plants and gardening. For me it started after the June 3rd update and before I got the Eco Lifestyle pack. Here's a link to the bug report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/td-...

Message 109 of 478 (2,629 Views)

Re: Is this only me having this plant issue?

★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness OMG Thanks very much! yes same issue I guess.
Message 110 of 478 (2,619 Views)