Re: Where did my plants go?

by FieryFaeFolk

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★ Apprentice

I had this happen specifically with a sage bush too. 

Message 51 of 478 (4,348 Views)

★★★ Novice
@obi-kenobi-stan It happened to my perfect Pear tree... (And it didn't grew back perfect either)
Message 52 of 478 (4,537 Views)

Re: Where did my plants go?

★★★★★ Novice

I have also noticed some problems with all plants, whether out of season or sheltered in my greenhouse. Mine also started playing up after the latest patch (June 3rd? 4th?)

• Spliced sage/basil/parsley plant which shows as just a herb on the ground, as if I have the option to plant it again.
  • My Cowplant which I fed just minutes before shrunk back into a mud pile yet I was able to still have the "pet" "feed" and "play with " interactions available, and I can hear the cow bell.
  • All dragon fruits in my greenhouses have gone back into mud piles as if freshly planted on every Sims household I have created. All are sheltered and take days to regrow.
  • My plasma tree after moving it in build mode shrunk back to a mud pile, as did a number or starter veg on a new household, again after moving them in build mode.

I have all packs, except::

Eco Lifestyle

Tiny Living

Moschino

My First Pet Stuff

Fitness Stuff

Bowling Night Stuff

I do not run any mods.

Message 53 of 478 (4,515 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Something similar here.

My sim has flowers that are all sheltered. On the change of seasons, from Autumn to Winter, the flowers that became In Season ("Winter" and "Winter and Spring"), became dirt mounds. I haven't tested it much further than that, though.

Message 54 of 478 (4,482 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't know if this is linked but all my plants had become Magnificent rather than perfect.

This is the same lot I have trouble with the plants reverting to their planted state.

I did cheat them back to perfect but I had worked hard to get an all perfect garden so it was very annoying.

Message 55 of 478 (4,471 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work. Packs: Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat. Stuff: Tiny Living, Moschino, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant something, wait until it has harvestables, wait a few days, it'll reset when reaching maximum harvest amount and not regrow.

What happens when the bug occurs? The plant growth cycle resets when a plant reaches maximum harvestables. If a plant goes unharvested for several days, it resets back to a pile of dirt and will not grow again until I exit/restart the game. Plant quality appears unaffected. 

I tried repositioning (moving from planter to terrain and back), or replanting them from scratch, but the only way to stop this is to harvest every day, and restart the game if they revert to dirt.

Plants also reset growth cycle during their season, such as on the first day of Winter, Death Flowers and pomegranates revert to a dirt state and regrow as normal. Quality again unaffected. This also occurs when visiting a lot with an existing in-season plant, it will revert its growth cycle. The same max harvestable problem occurs with these plants.

This occurs on multiple lots on multiple maps, sheltered or unsheltered, indoors or out. Plant quality does not appear to matter, nor does season, it affects every harvestable plant in the game.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never have.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. The June 3, 2020 update.

Gardening is not only a huge part of Eco Lifestyle, but also my play. I really hope this gets fixed soon, would be happy to provide screenshots or save files.

Message 56 of 478 (4,437 Views)

★★★★ Guide

So, it happened to me as well, seems to happen only with some herbs to me, or spliced plant with those said herbs.

Sage and basil.

Message 57 of 478 (4,389 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue and this in all my saves even the one created after the last update. Not all plants are becoming harvestables again but many of them (herbs, flowers...).

Message 58 of 478 (4,370 Views)

★★ Guide

same (XB1), for now it only happend to 2 sage plants, also my cowplant skeleton has shrunken into the ground....

Message 59 of 478 (4,365 Views)

Re: Plant growth state reversion

★ Guide
@benlow11 I had NO IDEA there was a way to shift click (x+o PS4) with testing cheats on to force a plant! Set Gardening State -> Growth Stage -> Blossoming! I had no idea this exists! I've been playing a never ending game of whackamole since FRIDAY! It's been obsurd. I have been trying to move my perfect fruits, vegetables, herbs & flowers onto Vertical Gardens when the game will let me. It has gone BAD!

When I try to move almost ANY plant from where ever it happens to be it shrinks down into the earth or planter in a black dirtball OR into the miniature bud state OR even worse a white dot that won't grow in any way at all. Also, while the plants are just sitting there in the process of growing they just suddenly shrink back down in the dirt stage all on their own! This makes waiting for a bush to grow IMPOSSIBLE for the purposes of taking a cutting & grafting. I mean IMPOSSIBLE! Because the moment the Tulip is large enough to take a cutting the Chrysanthemum has shrunk back into the ground & now it's at LEAST another day to try & graft. I've harvest NOTHING in 3 ingame weeks, moved no plants either & the random shrinking keeps happening. I've restarted my game, my console & took a personal nap to try & not cry.

I just did the math & in trying to graft 22 plants & move them into planters / vertical gardens to load to the gallery I've spent 28 hours on this BS. TWENTY EIGHT HOURS!!!!!! I had the tv on in the living room & my husband was double teaming it with me Sunday while we were trying to clean & deal with a broken toilet at the same time. The toilet has a broken handle & the garden keeps shrinking! I'm exhausted. Knowing set plant stage exists would have saved me a LOT of aggrivation. WHY did Maxis add the PS4 controls overlay (which is garbage by the way) if it in no way actually tells you the controls? Even some of the basic controls! I mean when my sim is just standing still the only control it shows is "x select" I mean come on there are more available controls than that! Then when I move the camera 7 show up sometimes flashing sometimes static. I've turned them off because they are wrong & dont work. When you hover on an item on PC the hotkey pops up, why not show that same hotkey on console? This random scrolling sidebar would INFURIATE PC gamers if it were a constant blipping hotkey panel & they'd have your heads for it. Yet again console is treated differently & gets a lesser UI choice than PC.

Well at least now I know I can force the plants to stop playing whack a mole with me. Thank you.
Message 60 of 478 (4,360 Views)