Re: Plants disappearing after fertilization

by SheriGR

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★★★ Novice

I've noticed the same problem after interacting with my plants they turn into Harvestable started happening after the latest update. I play on console Xbox One

Message 31 of 478 (4,979 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Plants shrink after harvesting/ Turns into harvestable

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had a workaround, enable testingcheats and shift click on the plant returning the plant to "planted" state resolved the issue for me.

Message 32 of 478 (4,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@malswartz I was testing something this afternoon and it reminded me of your comment. In my greenhouse my Sim grafted two plants. I was waiting to see if they would grow correctly afterward.
Before:
before.jpg

In a short time - maybe later that Sim day, the tiny Money Trees grew to full grown. I also noticed shortly after that (same day) suddenly over half of the plants were a pile of dirt. All of the trees were also gone (deleted) except the Money Trees. The plants that remained were one tulip plant, 2 orchids, 2 BOP, a Bonsai, and 1 UFO plant. While it was like this I sat there and watched for an entire Sim week. Nothing grew from the dirt piles. The grafted plants did not progress. The plants that were acting normal still produced harvestables and weeds, including after they were harvested:
Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 5.02.16 PM.jpg

This is a sheltered, indoor greenhouse with sprinklers, bees, and plenty of tending. I have grown in this greenhouse a great deal and never had any issues whatsoever, at any season or anything. They grow year round and wonderfully.

Another odd thing is the dirt piles are pitch black at night, but not in the day, though they're always well lit and at night the other plants' dirt is normal dirt color. Thought I would include this here in case it was of any use.

Edit:
I was just doing a different grafting test on another lot (right across the street from that lot/save), also involving sheltered plants. On this lot I did not see any of the plants reverting to a dirt pile or deleting. The grafting and re-growth behaved as normal aside from the Bird of Paradise shoot not showing up in inventory, and the plant spliced into sage doing the weird 'tiny plant with the tan area at the base thing:
Carrot grafted into Sage:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.05.06 PM.png
The other plants that I grafted into grew as normal:
Lemon & Pear grafted into Pomegranate:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.10.41 PM.png
Chrysanthemum & Lily grafted into Snowdrop:
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.11.15 PM.png

So.... bottom line is that my initial results must have been triggered by some other factors like the greenhouse involving plants in a sunken room planted directly into the ground or some other factor. In both cases/lots there were bee hives in the areas (the greenhouse and indoor room on the second lot).

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 33 of 478 (4,931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, this is exactly what has happened to me though in my case it seemed more related to fertilization rather than grafting as I have only grafted two plants,  I have actually mostly afraid to do anything much in my garden since, but then today, I finally got some growth again and then two of the regrown plants disappeared again after only being watered. My garden is currently quite unpredictable and unstable.  Frown

Message 34 of 478 (4,904 Views)

★ Guide

I currently have plantains, roses, sage, parsley, and lemons. Only my sage is acting up. It grows at 5 am and turns back into a tiny little thing when I harvest it. I have all packs except Eco lifestyle, tiny living, moscino, luxury party, and fist pet stuff. 

Message 35 of 478 (4,880 Views)

Re: Basil and Sage with new update

★★★ Apprentice
@RandomBuzziness My sage looks exactly like this. Doesn't matter what save I'm in.
Message 36 of 478 (4,830 Views)

★★ Novice

This started happening to me after the June patch. 

It was my sage at first but now it's random everytime I re-log into the game. It happens to me when my sim or the gardener is removing weeds from the plants, It has happened to my money trees, apple trees, coconut trees, bonsai and dragon fruits the most. It affects plants in the ground, garden pots and garden planters. Sheltered and outside plants are both equally affected. I haven't noticed it affecting my plants in the vertical gardens yet! The only way I've found a workaround is by testing cheats and setting the plant to planted. It takes some time to grow again before you can harvest again obviously. It likes to do this to full grown plants with harvestables. It only does it for the first day after getting back onto the game. Once I put the plants I lose to planted it doesn't do it again until I sign back on again. I haven't left the lot and tried that yet, maybe I'll see if that affects it also and I'll update if it does.

I have all packs but vampires and the halloween one, I've never used mods. 

Message 37 of 478 (4,827 Views)

Cowplant Ghost

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stuff packs, and game packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Have a cowplant starve to death in Autumn/Fall 2) Wait in Winter for it to shrivel back up as out-of-season plants seem to do 3) Travel off lot and wait for a day before returning (May be needed for step 2 to occur) 4) Wait until spring, click the baby cowplant where the skeleton was
What happens when the bug occurs? You are able to feed, play, and pet the cow plant as if it is still alive despite it having died. The cake option also appears showing that it can still die, however all you will see if the drool particle effect and hear the cowbell.
What do you expect to see? A cowplant skeleton
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This just occurred for me and I haven't really had time to duplicate it. Either way I thought I should bring this forward with the steps that I recall happening, which wasn't too hard since my sim isn't leading an exciting life. 

cowplant.pngcowplant 2.png

Message 38 of 478 (4,769 Views)

Issues with plants - reverting to planted status.

★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move mature plants around in the garden and/or change their planter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some plants revert to their planted status - this started happening after the patch if I moved the plant or anything around it. This also happens if I change their planter. Update after checking all mods - Now they are reverting after being harvested and they do regrow after a while This was not happening before.
What do you expect to see? The plants being moved and still being in the state they were in before being moved. Update - Plants should stay mature after being harvested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The EcoLifestyle Patch. I have tested each mod and the problem has changed (to the update) after I checked them all. Please note the image is from before the testing of all the mods.

Thanks,

Message 39 of 478 (4,836 Views)

Watering Harvestables Bug

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Eco Lifestyle
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Water a harvestable that hasn't been harvested.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I water my plants that I haven't harvested they revert back to a freshly planted "dirt pile".
What do you expect to see? I expect for my fully grown plants to stay that way when I water them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco Lifestyle

When I water my harvestables, and I haven't harvested them for a few sim days, the plants revert back to freshly planted "dirt piles".

Message 40 of 478 (4,789 Views)