Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Bushes shrink after harvesting

by NinjaSquirtleRN

Original Post

Re: Where did my plants go?

★★★★ Apprentice

They actually just disappeared. It's like they reset or something. Then when I watered again, things were fine. Glitchy, much?

Message 11 of 478 (3,417 Views)

★★★ Expert

@MamaKatz_cck There seems to be a separate issue affecting Sage and Basil plants, as @InfiniteVerve described.

If you do happen to experience that one, here is a link to the Bug Report:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Bushes-shrink-after-harvesting/m-p/9169541#M133092

Message 12 of 478 (3,414 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I had the same thing happen to my sage and basil bushes, but also my cowplant. It seemed to get triggered by my sim harvesting the bushes and feeding the cowplant. I can still interact with the plants though and I was even able to feed my (now invicible/baby) cowplant later on in the day. seems like they revert at 5 pm though... All my sheltered plants seemed to be fine

Message 13 of 478 (3,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@MamaKatz_cckI just saw the same thing (plant disappeared). It was the snapdragon, and it didn't shrink (like the other one shown in the pic), it just disappeared (and options were greyed out).

Message 14 of 478 (3,379 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@InfiniteVerve My basil looks the same Frown its not spliced, but after harvesting it becomes tiny
Message 15 of 478 (3,335 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This started to happen to me too after the patch yesterday. For me it's the basils and sages.

Message 16 of 478 (3,287 Views)

Plants Turn to Seeds after Harvesting, still regenerate

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.25
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP-City Living, Seasons, Cats and Dogs GP- Dine Out, Parenthood SP- Laundry Day, Tiny Living Free- Both
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant some things of different variety, basil often does this, have them grow, then harvest them. Not all plants do this, happens in multiple seasons, in and out of season.
What happens when the bug occurs? After harvesting, it turns back into what you would plant to start out with. (Like a piece of basil on the ground) It still grows back when it’s time to harvest again.
What do you expect to see? After harvesting, an empty bush, tree, etc remains instead of the piece of whatever you’re growing
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed this after the recent June 3rd patch

The plants do still function properly, they just look strange when they’re not ready to harvest.

Message 17 of 478 (3,272 Views)

Re: Plants Turn to Seeds after Harvesting, still regenerate

Hero
@ek00Scratcher Merged your post with existing thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 478 (3,263 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Bushes shrink after harvesting

[ Edited ]
Champion

I am seeing this also with my multi bushes that are grafted into a sage bush. 

They looked like this when I placed the build from my library:
Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 11.36.45 PM.jpg

I water them and the next day they look like this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.58.55 AM.jpg

Then when I harvest them they look like this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 1.59.45 AM.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 19 of 478 (3,227 Views)

Plants disappearing after fertilization

★★★★ Novice

Since the update (6/3/2020) I have had many of my plants disappear, or rather the revert back to the just planted pile, the pile still tells me what the plant is but the only interactions I can have with it are for freshly planted plants, it has been many dim days and there is no new growth with them, though some do get the need to be watered or fertilized again.  As far as I can tell this happens to them when I fertilize a plant. I’m not sure if this is a bug or what is going on, I’m pretty new to the game and the forums.  I have only the base game and I play on Xbox one

Message 20 of 478 (3,210 Views)