[FIXED] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

by Avenagaliene

Original Post

Re: [UNSURE] Plants change quality on their own (evolve on their own ?)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm testing and would appreciate everyone that has these bugs with gardening to let me know if you have any of these in your bugged gardening save:

1. Spliced plants

2. Recycle lot trait

3. Lot trait that is beneficial for gardening

4. Sim gardening traits

5. Sim gardening aspiration and/or gardening aspiration reward trait

6. Travelling to another world and returning home

7. Going on a vacation and returning home. 

8. Going to the jungle and returning home. 

9. Vertical planters(upgraded or not?)

10. Hydroponic planters

11. Windmills, solar panels, water collecting stuff

12. Insect farm

13. Researching plants

14. An active Patchy who comes to life and helps with gardening

15. eco lifestyle

16. eco lifestyle sim traits

17. Green/Modern neighbourhood NAP

18. Green/grass roof

I have all of these in my bugged gardening save and I'm going to test all of these. 

EDIT: Day 5. Sage never progressed past the first growth stage and then reverted back to a leaf(?). I think It's pretty safe to say sage in itself is bugged. Will test basil next. 

EDIT2: Reloading the test save without quitting the game. Sim day 3, as soon as I watered plants, the ones that were ready to be harvested turned into dirt piles. I think there's no further point in testing. I do have a green roof so I will do some testing with a normal roof. 

EDIT 3: Same without green roof. Watered plants, the ones that were ready to be harvested turned into dirt piles. Might have something to do with gardening skill level 5, first watering before harvest test was level 4 and the test was passed. 

I'm gonna end my testing at this point. 

Message 71 of 81 (1,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having this same issue after buying it yesterday. I can't complete the aspiration Frown

Message 72 of 81 (1,441 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone (not using mods) willing to share affected save files?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the saves.

Instructions here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you.

EDIT: We no longer need saves for this.  Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 73 of 81 (1,275 Views)

★★ Guide
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmPcD-ueH465i41eIU6C2lRGbF7IvA?e=uAsvsn
Main Affected Lot is called "Nope! Nothing To see Here".
Expansions: Get To Work, Get Famous, Discover University.
Game Packs: Parenthood, Vampires, Realm Of Magic.
No Stuff Packs, CC or Mods.
Message 74 of 81 (1,232 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have experienced evolving of plants on their own, as well as quality changing. All testing was done with Base Game + Eco Lifestyle / Win 10 / No cc/mods, never used. Eco Living options are all turned on (default settings).

In my test save, two households have gardens. McDoogle garden - everything planted on the left was planted from seed packets or harvestables at normal quality. The plants on the right of the wall were all planted as perfect plants. These were obtained by harvesting when the ones on the left were perfect quality. Some of them came from harvesting directly from a plant that was planted at normal but evolved by itself to perfect. Other came from grafting a normal graft onto a plant on the left that was showing as perfect quality, then harvesting from that grafted plant. The Esker household garden was planted almost entirely from seed packets. This was the first garden that I planted, and I didn't keep track of plant quality when planted.

McDoogan-Planted Quality Sections.jpg

In both gardens, plants seemed to evolve "normally" during the first few sim-days; I was able to evolve soy plants, for instance, from normal to nice quality. If the Neighborhood Eco Footprint is green, all plants evolve on their own to Perfect quality with no manual evolve. In the "Green" neighborhood of Grims Quarry (McDoogle household), they stayed at Perfect quality and never fluctuated in quality, with no Green Initiative NAP enacted. In the "Neutral" neighborhood of Conifer Station, the plants evolved "normally" (as they would prior to the EL patch), even though the Lot Eco Footprint is Green.

Spoiler
Esker Naps-no Green Initiative in ConiferStation.pngEsker-Eco Footprint Neutral.pngMcDoogan NAPs-Grn Initiatives in GrimsQuarry.pngMcDoogan-Eco Footprint Green.png

It's only when I enacted the Green Initiatives NAP in Grims Quarry that the plants started changing quality. Immediately after the Green Initiatives NAP passed in Grims Quarry, all of the plants - regardless of whether they were planted at Normal Quality or Perfect Quality - dropped in quality level. The Neighborhood Eco Footprint is still Neutral, but the Lot Eco Footprint is Green. The plants on the left side, planted as normal quality and tended daily, seemed to drop to whatever their "normal" evolution would have been without the EL options. The ones on the right, planted as perfect quality, all dropped one level to Magnificent at the time the Initiative passed. I can see how this could be working as intended. 

The issue becomes that the longer you play, the faster the Eco Footprint seems to trend back towards the "neutral" stage and the plants will continue to decrease in quality (if the Green Initiative is in effect)

Spoiler
McDoogan-Plants Originally Perfect drop in quality.pngEsker-BoP just planted Eco Footprint Neutral.pngEsker-Evolve BoP Eco Footprint Neutral.png

If you save and close and come back later, or go play another household for a while, the Eco Footprint can sometimes be back to Green or sometimes move closer to neutral. The plant qualities seem to be moving based on the Lot Eco Footprint, but the quality changes don't even start unless you enact the Green Initiatives NAP. At least, that's how it appears to work in my game. Therefore, I think the plant qualities changing is working "as designed", BUT since the Eco Footprint is not working correctly, the plant qualities keep bouncing around. At least that's how it feels in my game.

I have uploaded all saves associated with this particular game, so that @SimQARobo can go "back in time" to see the gardens before the Green Initiative was launched in Grims Quarry.

These saves can also be used to illustrate the other gardening bugs - where sage & basil revert to their harvestable visual, and under some certain circumstances, all plants will revert to their "just planted" state (which is not just visual). https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/td-...

Message 75 of 81 (1,189 Views)

EA Sims Team

@BlackjackWidow  @Neutrobyte 

Thank you!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 76 of 81 (1,140 Views)

Re: plant quality

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well!

Message 77 of 81 (1,017 Views)

Re: plant quality

★★ Novice

Have been having the same issues on all my plants on all my lots since the installation of the Eco pack. One lot had all perfect plants but when I logged in after installing of this pack they had de-evolved to magnificent. Ever since they continuously do the same thing no matter what lot, no matter what lot traits. 

Message 78 of 81 (962 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you still need saves, I posted my save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJ4Fj2-jaFyjp233HzrspYSR9aB80NX0/view?usp=sharing The Willow Creek park has a bunch of plants that have de-evolved and turned into little dirt piles. There's a long post earlier in the thread where I explained which lots I looked at and what the effects were.

Message 79 of 81 (862 Views)

★ Guide

I have a similar issue. Every time I travel from my lot my plants reset their evolvement and go back to the first bar. 

Message 80 of 81 (594 Views)