[FIXED] Photos taken in emotional state give permanent buff

by Psychotps

Original Post

Re: Moschino Emotional Photos Bug

★★ Guide

From level 3 of career fashion photographer, there is an option "edit photo" on the PC as a career bonus, with which one supposedly can transform the emotions.

ATTENTION. Save before you try it. At the first attempt ... nothing happens! The second attempt results in an accident report (just like the analysis samples on Sulani) and the photo has disappeared from the sim inventory (like Inventory after analysis samples on Sulani).

That happens every time. Somehow a bad Deja vue ...

Message 11 of 26 (1,455 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Photos taken in emotional state give permanent buff

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's so annoying. I spent such a long time taking photos to decorate my sim's house and now they are all stuck in the inventory, because I can't put them on without giving him permanent flirty mood.

Message 12 of 26 (1,412 Views)

Re: Moschino Emotional Photos

★★★ Novice

As you said, it is a neat feature but it need to have an off button.

I've been frustrated and sad because I wanted to hang up all my photos from my legacy family, basically like a family photo wall but it's impossible at this state because everyone just gets flirty which I don't appreciate.

Why put that in the game if you don't give the option to turn it off?

Message 13 of 26 (1,355 Views)

Re: Moschino Emotional Photos

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue, too. I was able to turn the emotional aura on and off before, but now I can't do this anymore. Sooo frustrating. Frown

Message 14 of 26 (1,309 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Photos taken in emotional state give permanent buff

★★★★★ Novice

This is a terrible problem for me. I have many photos up from having to up the photography skill and from having pictures of my Sim and some of her kids. My Sims keep dying from being hysterical just because they walk through the room to the kitchen. And it’s not just the room with the most pictures. The main Sim’s bedroom has about 7 large photos in it, a bassinet, baby mobile and a couple bears it got in the mail and that’s where most of the deaths occur. It’s no fun. The game encourages having a nicely decorated house but then you get penalized. 

Message 15 of 26 (1,273 Views)

★ Guide

Me too. I am glad i found out, why my sim is constantly flirty when walking into the bedroom. Ist because there are some Pictures that are romantic.

Is there a Workaround besides putting the Pictures in your inventory.

Message 16 of 26 (1,233 Views)

Champion
@Simsidii201 the only in-game workaround is to remove the photo (e.g. put it in your inventory) if you don’t want the aura to give your sim an emotion.

If you don’t mind using mods, I made a mod that lets you turn the auras on and off as a workaround. Google search for “simvasion sims 4 mods aura” to find it (as direct mod links are not allowed here).
Message 17 of 26 (1,226 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@simvasion Awesome! I'm definitely trying it.
Message 18 of 26 (1,209 Views)

Anonymous
Oh, I thought this was intentional!

I have a mod that lets you disable the buff, because it does get a bit much quite quickly.
Message 19 of 26 (1,175 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Anonymous I seriously doubt it was intentional. There are hundreds of other objects that have emotional buffs. Paintings, crystals, lamps, dolls, postcards, instruments, etc, they ALL can be manually turned on and off.

Everything except photographs? Not likely.
Message 20 of 26 (1,169 Views)