Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Photos taken in emotional state give permanent buff

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take a photo of a sim with an emotional buff, like Flirty, Playful, Confident, Focused, etc. The photo will end up having an emotional buff that you can't turn off like with Paintings or other objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? Buff can't be turned off and causes issues giving everyone a permanent emotional buff while in the area.
What do you expect to see? The ability to disable emotional buff on Photography pictures same as paintings, crystals, and other objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started with the Moschino stuff pack.

When taking photos with the new freelancer Fashion Photography career, if the sim you are taking photos of has an emotional buff, the photos taken will have the same buff.

Now this is a good thing. Problem is, the buff is permanent and cannot be disabled same as with emotional paintings and other objects.

If you post a photo in your house, or studio as you'd expect, everyone around gets a permanent buff as long as they are in the area.

This effects all future photos also. If you post it in your studio, your new photo subject will get the same permanent buff and those new photos will have the same buff.

It causes many problems with having ALL your sims permanently "Playful", "Flirty", and such.

Message 2 of 26 (4,483 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Moschino Emotional Photos

Hero

Emotional auras in photographs can now be toggled on/off.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,574 Views)

All Replies

Moschino Emotional Photos

★★★★ Expert

I really like the fact that when I take a photo of a sim who's in an emotional state, like "Flirty", the photo ends up with a level 6 "Flirty" buff. Same with Confident, Focused, Playful, etc.

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't turn it off. The Emotional buff is always active. And since it's a level 6, it's causing issues. I can't put one of those photos in my sim's living room or else everyone's in a constant state of "Very Flirty".

It effects all new photos as well. If I take a photo of a sim who happens to be Playful, all the photos end up giving everyone "Very Playful".  If I post the pic in the Studio as you would expect, then ALL photos after that end up with the Playful buff.

We need the ability to Disable the emotional state on these photos.

Message 1 of 26 (4,431 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps I think that's a great suggestion. :eahigh_file: I also think you should be able to disable the emotional aura, as this would be very inconvenient in many circumstances, as in the one you describe. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 26 (4,411 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@SheriGR I posted a bug report here in the bug forum. Hopefully they'll fix it.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Moschino-Emotional-Photos-Bug/m-p/8132665#M101833
Message 4 of 26 (4,407 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps Aaaahhhh... I will 'Me Too' your report then, and I will have this post merged with that Bug Report, then. Thanks for letting us know! :eahigh_file:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 26 (4,399 Views)

Re: Moschino Emotional Photos Bug

@Psychotps  I've merged your other thread into your bug report.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 26 (4,384 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've got this bug too.

Message 7 of 26 (4,348 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue happening in my game. There are some other bugs too but this one bugs me the most. Ha! I was so happy about the possibility to decorate house with photos my sim has been taking and now I can't use them at all in my game, because otherwise my sims are constantly flirty and it's getting creepy. I want to be able to switch off the aura.

Message 8 of 26 (4,304 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I know, right?

It's like I usually start the game getting a postcard from a pen-pal 'cause the postcard always has the inspirational buff. I place one in the kitchen or near the computer so when I'm cooking or writing on the computer, they cook better, write better, and increase the skill faster.

However, if I have one of the "Emotional Photos" in the room, it overpowers everything else and makes them all useless.

Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE having the emotional buff, but if we can't turn it off, it's a lot more of a problem than a benefit.

Message 9 of 26 (4,273 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Photos taken in emotional state give permanent buff

Hero (Retired)

This just started on PS4 also. The photos didn't actually give off an aura before even though they said they had an emotional ambience. Now they do and can't be turned off. On PS4, at least in my games these auras cause very bad AI delay as the auras change, the Sims get frozen waiting for the new aura or waiting for an old aura to drop. It's very frustrating. 

Message 10 of 26 (4,190 Views)