Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Photo frames will not upload to the gallery

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT Island Living, Strangerville, Vampires, Spooky Stuff, and Luxury Party Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Find any of the rooms on the gallery that have nocc (by reference) photos with frames installed on them - download into your game, and the frames have disappeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of those beautiful new frames won't save to my library or the gallery. All of the nocc (reference) photos I've got saved in lots and houses that had frames around them, the frames are all gone. So I tried reframing them with the new frames, but after saving to my library with the frames on them, the frames disappear when I d/l them. The frames show in the preview picture of the room or lot, but don't d/l. This also happens if I convert them to tabletop pictures - the frames also disappear. They will save in game but not on the gallery.
What do you expect to see? Frames on the d/l photos that were saved to the gallery with frames on them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 08/08/2019 patch.

I originally posted this in the PC Technical Issues - @SheriGR  asked that I come over here and file a bug report.  Giving credit where credit is due, the photos in my pictures were originally made by @juwels64 .  But I've tried this with various creators and it's always the same.

Message 3 of 16 (1,940 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] Photo frames will not upload to the gallery

Hero

Photo frames will now persist when downloaded from the gallery.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (1,895 Views)

All Replies

08/08/2019 patch - New Frames won't save to gallery

★★★★ Guide

All of those beautiful new frames won't save to my library or the gallery.  All of the nocc (reference) photos I've got saved in lots and houses that had frames around them, the frames are all gone.  So I tried reframing them with the new frames, but after saving to my library with the frames on them, the frames disappear when i d/l them.  The frames show in the preview picture of the room or lot, but don't d/l.

Message 1 of 16 (1,942 Views)

Re: 08/08/2019 patch - New Frames won't save to gallery

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SassiLassi Oh my goodness.... just recognized the username! Hello aka Allears aka... okay, I'll stop Wink ! Since we both build (and add photos to the walls on our builds) I absolutely sympathize and was very unhappy to find what I found when testing your issue in my game. 

In my game I found that:

• Frames previously added to the photos on the walls in homes already in my game are naked - the frame has been stripped/deleted.
  • I found that when I place a copy of one of these homes from my library into my game world the frames on the photos are deleted.
  • If I then add the new frames to my naked pics on the wall and upload the home to my library, when I re-download/place them, the frames are gone.

So... I can confirm this in my game.

My Info:

I am on Mac. I do not use Mods or CC. My updates/version are all current. I own all packs. Issue appeared 08/08/2019 after that day's patch.

•  Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on bug report has this button
•  XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 16 (1,924 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks a lot @SheriGR !  I've turned in the bug report.

Message 4 of 16 (1,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@SassiLassi  Thanks! Your thread has been merged into the new bug report. I will edit my original post to include the relevant information in my game that may be useful to EA in troubleshooting this issue. :eahigh_file:

Message 5 of 16 (1,888 Views)

Photo Frames Disappearing

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.543120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but vamps , strangerville and my first pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? download photos shared on the gallery and look to see if frames download as thumbnail shows.
What happens when the bug occurs? Frames disappear
What do you expect to see? The frames
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The august game update. Frames worked fine until patch

Before the August patch you could share photos to the gallery with the frames, after the patch frames show in gallery thumbnail but when you download photos the frames disappear. Also noticed the frames are now disappearing in previous houses that built and shared before the patch. Really Bummed about this , I enjoy making and sharing photos and hate that they are missing the frames now.

Message 6 of 16 (1,828 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Photo frames will not upload to the gallery

★★★ Apprentice

Opps, I did not see this report until after I made another report on it. I noticed this too. I enjoy making photos and I am really bummed about it! They show in thumbnail but disappear when downloaded as room or in house builds. Also are disappearing from old house builds that worked fine before the patch. 

Message 7 of 16 (1,829 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Mandykay77 I found it & now it is merged to this one. Thanks for the heads up. Please add your 'me too' to this post. Thanks!!

Message 8 of 16 (1,815 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SheriGR  Thank you. 

Message 9 of 16 (1,793 Views)

★★ Guide

I can also confirm this. Just spent hours decorating and customizing frames - moved the lot and all frames are gone Frown

Message 10 of 16 (1,732 Views)