Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Phone interaction is unreliable

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to do either action from a phone: 1) Order pizza 2) Quit job (must have a job before trying this)
What happens when the bug occurs? Both interaction often fail. The sim start talking, put down the phone, then nothing. So, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't.
What do you expect to see? 100% reliability
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 26 (4,278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Phone interaction is unreliable

Hero

Fixed an issue which made Paying Bills via Phone not be fulfilled if Simmers queued any other action before it would complete.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (4,059 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Having most issues with paying bills myself but it's one of these minor annoyances to me.

Going to tag this as feedback for now to see how many other people have this before adding

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (4,185 Views)

★ Apprentice

I actually can't get my sims to pay the bills via the phone at all. Always try but end up using the mailbox instead.

Message 3 of 26 (4,175 Views)

Hero
Interesting. For me it usually fails the first time but works the second time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (4,172 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Phone interaction is unreliable

★★ Guide

solved

Message 5 of 26 (4,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@crinrict @EA_Mai

Please keep this thread open as we are currently investigating it at our side. 

Thank you! Standard smile

Message 6 of 26 (4,127 Views)
Highlighted

Champion
I've had the same thing with paying bills on the phone. Sometimes it would fail until I tried it a second time.

Because it was unreliable I tend to pay via the mailbox or computer now, so haven't tried the phone for a long time to see if it had improved.

A while ago I did have an issue with J Huntington III unable to order a pizza. I'd run the hire a service action multiple times and after choosing a pizza nothing would happen - no pop up to say that it was confirmed and pizza was coming. But someone else in the household had no issues with it.

I'm going to try again next time I play that household to see if it was a one time thing with J being bugged or if he permanently has issues with pizza company blacklisting him.
Message 7 of 26 (4,104 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi there!

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? 

Does it occur after some progression or even with a fresh save?

Would any of you be willing to share your savefiles?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thank you very much! 

Message 8 of 26 (4,067 Views)

Hero
I tried paying bills after the last patch and it worked without being dropped.

Just one test case though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (4,059 Views)

★ Apprentice

So, If I use the phone to pay my bills and I have another action queued up they will just stop trying to pay bill on the phone. It seems like there is a delay and any other actions will just cancel it. So, as long as its the only thing your sim is doing and you just wait until you see the money go towards the bill it should work. This is just what I have noticed.

Message 10 of 26 (3,973 Views)