Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Pet has missing textures and appears all black

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the Greene family from my gallery page MandyMooey and the cat named Pumpkin has missing textures
What happens when the bug occurs? Pets have missing texture and appear all black
What do you expect to see? I expected to see a orange and white tabby cat with blue eyes and a pink collar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Missing pet textures is still an issue.
02-24-18_7-36-27 AM.png

Message 1 of 9 (6,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pet has missing textures and appears all black

Hero
There might still be an issue with those that were black before.

Have you tried if the adding some paint helps, then re-upload to see if it continues to become black ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (6,397 Views)

All Replies

Hero
There might still be an issue with those that were black before.

Have you tried if the adding some paint helps, then re-upload to see if it continues to become black ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (6,398 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, that is the solution. I removed from the gallery and added paint then re-uploaded and it fixed the textures. It seems any pets that were uploaded BEFORE the patch will continue to be affected.

Message 3 of 9 (6,259 Views)

Hero
That's good info though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (6,243 Views)

Pets from Gallery turning Black or missing textures in CAP

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just download a pet from the gallery and open it in CAS.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I download a pet from the Gallery and try to load it in CAS, it will either show up black or with all the custom markings gone.......
What do you expect to see? Normal looking pets that do not have missing textures.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Having the pets from gallery turning black issue. Pets downloaded from the Gallery and loaded into Create a Pet either turn black (missing textures) or they load without the custom markings (for example, just the base coat color is visible, such as white....)......

Other threads it was said that a certain patch fixed the issue, but I never had the issue until now, so one of the patches had to have introduced it again. @crinrict

Message 5 of 9 (6,219 Views)

Re: Pets from Gallery turning Black or missing textures in CAP

Hero
This is a legacy bug that was fixed. Unfortunately already affected pets still have the issue.

Does it happen to all pets you download ?

You can try changing the 'paint' on the animal. that should put it back to normal.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (6,201 Views)

Hero
Tagging @MckinneyMini for more feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (6,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

not fixed for me. was playing my household- created new cats-sphynx's saved and turned off game. when i played today bith cats were black and missing textured. tried messing with them in cas. nothing i do fixes it. had to delete them and make new cats >Frown

Message 8 of 9 (6,069 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Sounds different then the issue that was fixed. This happened after uploading to the gallery.

Best if you just create a new thread with all the info you have.

There's also this occurrence someone reported after the fix but it doesn't seem very widespread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Dog-Became-Blacked-Out-IN-CAS-After-Loading-Fro...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (6,058 Views)