Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, all game packs and several stuff packs (Laundry day,Vintage Glamour, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky Stuff, Perfect Patio, and Free Stuff)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet want to interact with a sim while the sim is doing a task (potentially with several things queued)
What happens when the bug occurs? I've had problems with pets queuing several things but this time it queued far more tasks than is normally allowed. 13 tasked within a second (plus the 2 I already had).
What do you expect to see? The pet to add 1 task to the end of the queued task list.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My puppy reeeaaallly wanted my sim's attention.

Message 1 of 182 (17,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pet Filling Queue/Task List

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Pet owners should, once again, no longer have their interaction queue become filled up with interactions.

Hopefully fixed in Patch 1.49.65

EDIT: This issue is still open for pets with the friendly trait. Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Pets-spamming-the-queue/m-p/7553247

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 180 of 182 (9,072 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

History/Status on this bug as known so far

Workarounds

• I've seen this issue in my own game and for me it helped to press the ESC key. That will give you the menu. Canceling the menu then emptied the queue for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 182 (16,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I haven't experienced this before so it could very well be just for doing the laundry

Message 3 of 182 (16,930 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for your report and feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 182 (16,923 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Silvernox3

We have not been able to reproduce your issue at our end. 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Saves are always very helpful to us Standard smile

Thank you very much! 

Message 5 of 182 (16,857 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★ Novice

This issue is now happening to me too, however I have only noticed it after installing the new Seasons expansion; before Seasons it had not happened to my game. My Sim's pet's will fill up my Sim's task queue bar to the point where it'll go all the way up to the top of the screen. I notice it happens at various times, but seems more likely when only one of my Sim's is awake in the house (everyone else is asleep). It is so bad that when all my Sim's are awake, they have trouble dealing with their needs because the pet's are spamming actions with them. I will have a Sim stand in the same place all day, stinking and starving because the pet's are spamming. I want my other Sim's to use their autonomy however with three dogs and a cat in the household it is becoming too much.

Pet actions filling up Sim's task bar.

As described in my comment.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Installed the Season's expansion pack, or after installing latest Sim's patch (UPDATE: 06/19/2018 - PC 1.44.77.1020)

Picture

Picture is attached.

Where does the bug occur ?

On my Sim's home lot, so far I have only experienced it here. I haven't traveled or played another household since it started happening.

Mods/CC

No mods, no CC. I had mods/CC before however have long since removed them and started a clean restart of the whole game.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I own every expansion, game pack and stuff pack that has come out and they are all installed.

Occurring since

UPDATE: 06/19/2018 - PC 1.44.77.1020 - Or after installing Seasons expansion.

Operating system

Window's 10

Message 6 of 182 (16,770 Views)

Hero

Hi @EllaJaneBinks

would you be willing to share your save as per @SimGuruIcarus post above.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 182 (16,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

For me the interactions are usually "Pet [Insert Dog's name here]" but can sometimes appear differently (i.e. "give special smooches"). PD Seasons Glitch.PNG

Message 8 of 182 (16,718 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This is happening to me too. I cant attach saves as it keeps giving me an unsupported extension type when trying to attach the file. If anyone knows how to fix this, I can upload mine. It has happened to me during the following interactions,

- Eating food - It almost always happens when my sim is eating a meal.

- Planting 

- Having a bath/Using the toilet

Pet will spam interaction until bar fills then they will just disappear, then spam up again. Repeats a few times then stops. 

Message 9 of 182 (16,705 Views)

Hero
You'll need to upload to onedrive or google drive and PM the link to QA

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 182 (16,693 Views)