[FIXED] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

by Silvernox3

Original Post

Re: Multiple issues after the seasons pack installation

Hero
I had this issue the other day myself. Clicking on ESC to get the menu emptied the queue for me and I didn't get it back right away.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 182 (2,552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The new patch doesn't fix this. They say they are having trouble with reproducing the issue. Although on Twitter they said they have seen the issue. They want our save files to further investigate. 

Message 42 of 182 (2,541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip, Crin. Will try it today! Standard smile

I've been having this problem too, even before Seasons - but since I've played only this save until mods/CC are worked out I've seen it increasing! I tried shoo-ing, scolding and yelling to no avail.

I don't know if this could be a factor, but my sim's pet was friendly. I also tried cas.fulleditmode-ing it into independent but it didn't seem to help. Although now as long as I don't interact too much with the pet it seems to be not as bad. But I had to put the Get Together bush back in to try and take his attention away from my sim, lol. 

Message 43 of 182 (2,521 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★★ Novice

I have this exact same issue. My Sims were celebrating Harvest Fest and they kept patting the pets all the time, non-stop.

Message 44 of 182 (2,465 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★★ Novice

When you give your sim a task any petting tasks are removed from the task lisf

Message 45 of 182 (2,462 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here is a mod that someone told me about that fixes the pet queue problem. Google littlemssam and bug fixes. The title is Obsessed Pet Pet Fix (Cats & Dogs DLC). Link  <Removed link as linking to mods is not allowed at AHQ>

You have to scroll a ways down to find it. 

Message 46 of 182 (2,455 Views)

★★ Novice

Just wanna add that this is happening to me, too. Hoping for a fix soon! I'll probably wait until the next patch before playing again.

Message 47 of 182 (2,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Finally found this! I'm having the same exact issue as well. Its been happening ever since I installed seasons. 

I noticed it mostly when my sims are eating and its irritating because it causes them to stop eating and stand up just to pet them. Both my dog and cat initiate the 'petting' interaction frequently and if I ignore it or don't pay attention to it it'll fill up my queues as well. Its infuriating really I almost just sent both my pets away to make it stop, but ended up just locking both entrance points to the dining room so that the pets can't enter.

It doesn't just happen when the sims are eating though, they could just be standing around doing nothing and the pets will run up and bother them. I hope they fix this ASAP. They didn't address it at all in the last patch.

EDIT: here's a screenshot for reference like the others.

Message 48 of 182 (2,348 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue (pic and savefile related).

Problem:
Pets are constantly following sims and interupting them from doing theirs tasks. This is particularly evident during long tasks, like cooking, drawing, etc... This problem can also prevent sims from eating, as they won't ignore the pet's request. As far as I know there isn't a momentary solution. I tried saving/loading, changing lot and repairing the game, without results. Basically, the game is unplayable if you have pets in your family.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC (Windows 10)
Which language are you playing the game in? Italian.
How often does the bug occur? Always, at least in the same savefile.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Cats & dogs, Seasons, Get together, Romantic garden stuff, Movie hangout stuff.
How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a pet want to interact with sim while he's is doing a task. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Tasks accumulate over the normal limit. Sims often won't finish the first task. Pets keeps following sims everywhere, literally.
What do you expect to see? The pet just adding a single task. The pet won't follow the sims like a magnet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never had. Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? The problem appeared after the last "Seasons" patch. 

Here there is the save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGaeg8Vbr3LgnqtDgLPCaPRQZyBScrQF/view?usp=sharing

queue_bug.jpg

Message 49 of 182 (2,298 Views)

Hero
Thanks for all your reports.

I've updated the second post of this thread to reflect the current status

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 182 (2,269 Views)