Re: [OPEN] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

by ArchXDiablo

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I’m mad! It’s now January and still not fixed!!!! 

Message 171 of 182 (1,968 Views)

Re: Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★ Apprentice
There is a way to disable packs if you are interested! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3mMf-HtIs
Message 172 of 182 (1,921 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have one cat and one dog, both adopted as strays. I can't do a single darn thing without them absolutely flooding my queue. I'm talking 50+ actions. It's caused my game to crash multiple times, my sim can't do a single thing because every time she sits down to eat or use the toilet or read a book, anything at all, she's interrupted every 10-ish sim minutes. And since they're adopted as strays I can't even train out misbehaviours because of yet another bug that EA hasn't addressed. The game is essentially unplayable for me, every 2 seconds I have to pause the game and cancel all actions manually, otherwise my game crashes. Seriously ridiculous, it's been MONTHS, I can't believe they've taken the time to release (albeit amazing) things like terrain tools and new expansion packs without even addressing this massive bug.

Message 173 of 182 (1,868 Views)

★★ Apprentice

EA/Maxis,  can we have some attention on this please? If you read this thread you can clearly see this is a big issue for much of your player base. Please try and address this bug in your next patch. 

Message 174 of 182 (1,813 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I checked it in my game. If for three sims hours this pet did not have interaction with the owner, my sim's action queue had plenty of interaction with him.
If regularly - every two hours my sim made some single interaction with his dog it did not happen. It looks like every pet has a need to contact the owner so that his hidden "need for company" is filled in. Well, unfortunately, we can not buy him the "self-sufficient" trait.
Message 175 of 182 (1,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Still happening folks, annoying and disruptive. And I won't buy the whole "we are working on it"

LittleSam has had a mod fix for it since what, June? It fully stops them over-queueing interactions. How come you guys have not managed to fix this for so long yet a modder can pinpoint where it is happening and fix it? And here I thought this madness would end with TS3 but nope, amateur coding at its finest. 

Message 176 of 182 (1,760 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So this bug was discovered according to this thread back in March, and I just experienced the bug for the first time after taking a break because of the other bug with the pets. Was doing gardening it happened, sim tried to eat and happened and just as I was about to reset bug my pet the game crashed, bye bye about 2 hours of gameplay. Looks like it's time for another break lol
Message 177 of 182 (1,603 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I’ve just resorted to not playing households with dogs. I’ve noted previously that, for me, it’s not happening with cats. I know some have reported they have the same issue with cats, so there must be some kind of slight build version difference that’s causing that. 

It’s a bummer to hear that it’s affecting so many peoples’ gameplay though. I still think it’s a great game and I have mad respect for maxis doing all they do. I work in a development environment so I know how these kinds of things go in the background. I’m not a developer but work with them closely. 

The best thing we can do is just give the Maxis team as much info as we possibly can. 

Message 178 of 182 (1,588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This whole issue didn't start for me until I downloaded the city living and luxury items packs.  I ended up selling my animals just so I can have normal game time. It made me and my sim very sad!

Message 179 of 182 (1,362 Views)

Re: Pet Filling Queue/Task List

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Pet owners should, once again, no longer have their interaction queue become filled up with interactions.

Hopefully fixed in Patch 1.49.65

EDIT: This issue is still open for pets with the friendly trait. Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Pets-spamming-the-queue/m-p/7553247

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 180 of 182 (9,251 Views)