Re: [OPEN] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

by LightSands1

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Me too.

It started with seasons and got worse with the patch that was suppose to fix it: now my sims cancel whatever they were doing to interact with the long pet queue.
Message 101 of 182 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game is unplayable now due to this glitch. It started about an hour or so after Seasons released, and my sims would take up to 3 sim hours to eat because the dog brought up 15+ "Pet" interactions at once, and while I'm able to delete them all by pausing the game and cancelling them like normal tasks, it happens every couple sim minutes. My sims can't read because the dog keeps interrupting them. The only time I find that this glitch doesn't actually affect the sim is when the sim is doing something that can't be multitasked. For example, one of my sims spends most of his time painting and the other spends her time reading. The dog will go between them begging for attention and he won't be affected, but she will constantly pause her reading to stand up and pet the dog. It's never been any other interaction for me, just always "pet dogname."

I saw no effect with the patch, and I made it through two (very frustrating) sim seasons without it relenting. I haven't seen a link between what the sim is doing (aside from sleeping, in which case the dog goes to sleep too), the season, or the weather; and the frequency of the dog glitch. I haven't dared to try testing with multiple pets or animals that can be picked up. The only relief I get is when I have my sim take the dog for a walk and the other sim can finally get some stuff done while they're gone.

Message 102 of 182 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
At least your sim is displaying the appropriate emotion for the current situation. 😂
Message 103 of 182 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I have now been graced with the presence of this bug. Hoping it will be fixed alongside the update tomorrow.

Message 104 of 182 (1,420 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I started getting this after the patch that was said to fix it.

Message 105 of 182 (1,386 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've got this bug too... I removed my mods folder, playing a new Mod and CC free game and it is still occurring. Please fix this as soon as you can EA team Frown it is really upsetting my interest in the game.

Message 106 of 182 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i was lucky enough not to get this bug [maybe...], and i'm not 100% sure what's happening now, but when i adopted a stray pet into a household, my sims started freezing in place more than before the patch. they would stand around and not follow any instructions given as if they were queued up for something else, but nothing would pop in their queues. i did have one instance where it was clear the dog was trying to queue up interactions, but there was nothing popping up in the queue. going into the menu or pausing then restarting worked for all of five seconds before the sims stalled as if switching tasks, but going no where.

Message 107 of 182 (1,301 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This issue is still occurring after the patch. The principal difference after the patch is that the pet spams the queue then all of items are cancelled (x through them) and vanish, but the spamming continues. Before the patch the items stayed in the queue, now they are cancelled after the spam but more spam just follows immediately.

Makes pets pretty much unplayable.

Message 108 of 182 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

After recent patch I thought this was fixed but after both my pets got sick (on vacation) and I fixed them at the vets paying the top treatment it seemed to trigger this again for me.

Unlike last time it's an automation, I'm doing non pet related tasks and the pet runs up to me and it auto fills the top of my action bar BUT it doesn't actually add a pet task in my action bar. See pic for a better explanation....

1.png

See how it fills above the action bar but doesn't actually add a task in the bar? I only mention it because prior to patch the action bar would also fill but now only above fills. Also unlike last time it's not a game breaker for me, once it floods the screen it cancels out, sometimes it happens over and over until the pet runs away to do something else.

That's what happens to me now.

Message 109 of 182 (1,178 Views)

★★ Novice

I haven't played the sims 4 because of this reason and i hate how they are taking a too long too fix it! i have every sims game and it sucks i cant play because of things like this

Message 110 of 182 (1,137 Views)