Re: Cat wants excessive attention

by madmaddy4

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★★★ Novice

Please fix this, it's making my game unplayable! My sims can't even eat without having to pet a dog!

Message 51 of 182 (1,688 Views)

★★ Novice

Agreed! Though its happening on a less frequent scale for me. When doing normal actions, my sims don't get it as often and when they do I cancel each action with extreme prejudice and have them interact with the pet to get it to stop for a while. But it gets dramatically worse when I have them eat for some reason! I'm still able to manage it but it's so annoying to get my sim to even finish a sandwich.

Message 52 of 182 (1,643 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I have the same bug now sinds seasons expansion pack. really anoying. cant even eat without dogs asked to be pet.
Message 53 of 182 (1,574 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I know right??? So annoying!! Argh. And both my dogs wants to go to a walk
ALL
THE
TIME
like, WOW it wasn't like that. Even when it is snowing so bad and you can't stay outside: there they are. Sad because I won't take them to a walk.
my god.

Message 54 of 182 (1,560 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this exact problem. Getting rid of mods and repairing didn't help. 

It's pretty game breaking and didn't come in till Seasons. It took me about a dozen tries to get my sim to eat dinner cus the dog kept demanding to be pet. The cats in my other save did the same thing. Unless the animal is asleep, it's pretty impossible to eat.

I had to lose about 10 days in game due to the leaf pile glitch, so now I'm considering just not having a pet with this sim. 

Message 55 of 182 (1,429 Views)

Cat wants excessive attention

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a cat on the lot with the "Spoiled" trait. (I think it's because of this trait, but I'm not sure. other traits are "Frisky" and "Fluffy" it could also be Frisky.)
What happens when the bug occurs? The cat overly asks for attention from a sim, which makes the sim stop what he's doing to pet the cat. The action queue is even overly packed with petting the cat...
What do you expect to see? the cat asking for attention moderately, instead of excessively.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The cat literally keeps asking for attention even if I click everything away.... My sim takes ages to finish their meal because of this.... Because they keep getting interrupted... 

Sometimes its only 3 or 4 times in the action queue but sometimes it's like... 10 times or something...

I made a print screen of it:

aesrdtfghj.jpg

Message 56 of 182 (1,427 Views)

★ Apprentice

This has happened to me a few times as well but I would just click it and it would go away. Have you tried repairing your game? That might help, otherwise I'm not too sure. I'll keep looking into it though. Hope this helps Standard smile

Message 57 of 182 (1,404 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kimo0wW

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 182 (1,389 Views)

★ Guide

Oh, sorry... I did search for a similar thread but couldn't find. Didn't use the right words I guess..

ps: I did repair my game, but it didn't work. 

Message 59 of 182 (1,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh ok, I really am not sure now. I hope you can figure this out! Standard smile

Message 60 of 182 (1,364 Views)