Multiple issues after the seasons pack installation

by vericavjeverica

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

Hero

@Shadebrigade wrote:

Also, having this issue. I noticed it when I was making a flower arrangement and while I was eating.

No pets involved in your case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 182 (3,723 Views)

Multiple issues after the seasons pack installation

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cats and dogs, city living, get to work, get together, seasons, dine out, jungle adventure, outdoor retreat, parenthood, spa day, vampires, bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, fitness stuff,laundry day stuff, movie hangout stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, spooky stuff, vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play a game with pets in it for a while.
What happens when the bug occurs? i try and eat and my pets just randomly fill up my queue. i try to prepare food and the preparation bar doesnt move for hours. i eat and watch tv but needs dont get filled. i pick up my pet after he filled up my queue and it gets stuck on my arm and no amount of debug helps. i try to put my pets up for adoption because the game is unplayable because of them filling up my queue, but even that doesnt work, one pet is taken away, and the other one just sleeps and i cant interact with it, the pet carriers are outside my lot still waiting.
What do you expect to see? to do the tasks i tell my sim to do without the pets filling up queue, to cook the food and get the needs filled from it, and to not have to put my pets for adoption to be able to play the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this started happening after installing the seasons pack. ‌

.edit: it happens with both cats and dogs in my case!

.‌..

Message 22 of 182 (3,712 Views)

Re: Multiple issues after the seasons pack installation

Hero

Hi @vericavjeverica

merged your post with existing thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 182 (3,701 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Only solution I have found is a complete uninstall of the entire game and reinstall. Hopefully this glitch doesn't appear again. 

Message 24 of 182 (3,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Glitch started occurring again a few minutes after fresh install. But doesn't seem to be occurring as often. 

Message 25 of 182 (3,676 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me. E.g., A sim set herself on fire doing the laundry and her husband couldn't react because the spaniel suddenly interrupted with a list of 12 or 13 queued 'petting' actions. They reappeared as fast as I cancelled. It has also happened when the sim is gardening. I haven't noticed with with the cat but both dogs have been doing it repeatedly.

Message 26 of 182 (3,637 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can't figure out how to edit my  post so adding a note that the sims in question both had the 'dog lover' trait and don't seem to have this glitch with the cat. Just dogs.

Message 27 of 182 (3,625 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pet Filling Queue/Task List

★ Apprentice
@crinrcit I had 2 cats.
Message 28 of 182 (3,582 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also happening in my game. I told my sim to breast feed her baby then cuddle the baby. As she was breast feeding the dog came up with a bunch of "Petting [Dog's Name]" interactions. When she was done breast feeding all the dog interactions disappeared and she cuddled the baby. So the petting dog interactions didn't stop her from doing what I had queued up. This is also happening when she's doing other things.

Message 29 of 182 (3,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. My Sim does not have the dog lover trait, but the dog does have the Loyal trait, so I'll try changing that and see if it helps.

As others have stated, I have only had this bug after the Seasons release. 

Message 30 of 182 (3,539 Views)