[FIXED] Perfectionist Sims painting don't go in inventory when scratched for new

by loyabe

Original Post

Painting Disappears

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paint on an easel.
What happens when the bug occurs? When autonomy is on, sims will start a new painting on a used easel after they have finished a painting. When this happens the finished painting totally disappears and you can't redeem it. It often happens immediately after they have finished so the painting just disappears and then spend more money on the new painting.
What do you expect to see? Sims cannot start a new painting while there is already a painting on the easel.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It is wasting a lot of money for sims to keep spending 100 on paintings that go missing.

Message 31 of 51 (1,299 Views)

Re: Painting Disappears

Hero
@Emzoidify Does your Sim have the perfectionist trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 51 (1,284 Views)

Stop scrapping finished paintings!

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your SIM paint. They will often finish the painting then immediately scrap it to begin a new one. No chance to sell or hang the picture.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the SIM.leave the painting on the easel and go find something else to do. Giving time to frame / hang / sell the painting. Fyi I have seen lots of posts of others having same issues. I have no cc and never cheated because I like to chase trophies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

A common problem

Message 33 of 51 (1,310 Views)

Re: Stop scrapping finished paintings!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@scarlettwebb95what traits does your sim have? I've seen occasions when a perfectionist sim will scrap poorer quality paintings (edit: I believe this is a bug - check out https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Perfectionist-Sims-painting-don-t-go-in-inventory-when/m-... )

Message 34 of 51 (1,296 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Seeing this on Xbox One. My perfectionist sim will paint something, then without me doing anything at all they will autonomously start a new one while the old painting just disappears. The paintings that disappear are nowhere to be found either, not in my sim's personal inventory and not in the household inventory. I just recently came back to this game after giving it a break for a few months, but I'm already considering quitting again since it's still filled with problems some of which are the same problems that caused me to stop playing in the first place.

Message 35 of 51 (1,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

It is so annoying to have a sim just make the finished painting vanish. I'd understand it if they put in in their inventory but it's usually hard earned money blown up in smoke....

Message 36 of 51 (1,180 Views)

Re: Sims Autonomously Overwriting Paintings

★ Apprentice

I have been having this issue too. She will make a painting and then scrap it before I can sell it. It only started recently for me. My sim likes to paint as a hobby, she too has the perfectionist trait, self-confident trait, and creative trait. I do not use mods or CC. 

Message 37 of 51 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

It's not just poor quality paintings. The little star-star-star just scrapped a masterpiece. Got the moodlets for a masterwork painting, but no painting.

Message 38 of 51 (1,114 Views)

Painting Bug

★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff, and Country Kitchen Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim start a painting, then wait until they instantly start a new one right after finishing the first one. The first painting will disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim finishes a painting, and goes to do another painting, the first one disappears. I soon noticed that the first painting cannot be found in my sims inventory, nor their house inventory. Then I thought they just instantly sell the painting, but unfortunately that is not the case either.
What do you expect to see? I expect the first painting to go into either the sims inventory, or the house inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When my sim finishes a painting, and goes to do another painting, the first one disappears. I soon noticed that the first painting cannot be found in my sims inventory, nor their house inventory. Then I thought they just instantly sell the painting, but unfortunately that is not the case either. 

Message 39 of 51 (1,139 Views)

Re: Painting Bug

★★ Guide

Are you using the easel or the sketchpad to make the paintings?

Message 40 of 51 (1,105 Views)