Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Pepperoni pizza order fails

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the phone to order a Pepperoni Pizza.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim calls the pizza service but after the phone conversation ends nothing happens. There is no confirmation notification that a pizza is on the way. This happened when trying to order a Pepperoni Pizza. When ordering a different topping pizza, such as a Canadian Bacon pizza, it works normally and after the phone call a popup notification appears and the pizza is delivered.
What do you expect to see? All pizza ordering options should work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was unable to order a pepperoni pizza and it isn't the first time this has happened. I experience this occasionally going back as far as I can remember - not sure if any specific patch is the issue.

Other times, I have been able to order a pepperoni pizza OK, or if one sim was bugged, another sim in the household was able to. Not sure if there is a particular cause or trigger state, as I rarely have my sims order take-out meals.

Message 1 of 21 (3,408 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Pizza guy doesn't show up

Hero

The pepperoni pizza seems to be working for me.

No pizza delivered between 3 am and 8 am in my game but not sure what the exact hours are, this is by design.

I'm marking this as fixed and suggest that if anyone has issues with the hour thing, to create a thread in the feedback forum at the officials.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 20 of 21 (3,954 Views)

All Replies

Re: Pepperoni pizza order fails

Hero
Hi @simvasion

could you tell me what lot you are playing on ? Do you remember the time of your order ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 21 (3,277 Views)

Champion
I can't remember the time of day, possibly early evening. I think I was playing as Salim Benali at 930 Medina Studios (or whichever number is his apartment).

I'll make a note next time I have any sims order pizzas.
Message 3 of 21 (3,273 Views)

Hero
It does seem that it's not supposed to work during the night (message is misleading). So maybe if you ordered something during the night, that could be the reason.

I'll do some testing myself as soon as I get a chance (still catching up)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (3,264 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

No that's not it - when the pepperoni pizza order failed, I immediately ordered a Canadian Bacon one that worked, so it wasn't a time of day issue.

EDIT: also early evening was around 6pm dinner time.

Message 5 of 21 (3,244 Views)

Hero
OK. Thanks for your feedback.

Did you retest with today's patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 21 (3,237 Views)

Champion
Haven't had time to check it with the new patch, other than finding a new bug affecting Detective career.
Message 7 of 21 (3,231 Views)

Hero
saw that one and rolled my eyes :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (3,225 Views)

Hero
Added this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 21 (3,198 Views)

★★★ Guide

The pizza I ordered at 3Am finally showed up at 7AM .... next time, I'll call a 24Hr Pizza delivery service, or maybe just go with Simgornio and forget delivery.

Message 10 of 21 (3,137 Views)