by scyll85

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Fathers of my children will not leave

★★★★★ Novice

Product:

The Sims 4
Platform:

PC - Windows 10 64bit
Which language are you playing the game in?

English
How often does the bug occur?

Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

I have tried all options that are available to get the sim to leave. However there is no interaction available to "Ask to Leave" and when selecting "Go Away" from the mean category this also does not do anything. Even if I leave and invite them somewhere else this sim or another baby daddy will appear. I usually have to try play around them and wait for them to leave on their own/
What happens when the bug occurs?

I am currently doing the 100 baby challenge. I usually have 6 children in the house at a time, each to different male sims. Usually once the child is born the father to that child will appear. He enters the house as if he lives there without being invited in and interacts at his own discretion, he showers, eats, sleeps, cooks and does not leave. If I lock the door he will hang around outside the house until the door has been unlocked. Once that male sim leaves, usually another father will arrive. So i constantly have baby daddy's in the house.
What do you expect to see?

My ideal fix would be: Whoever the other parent is of the baby, male or female, calls the parent you are in control of and requests to come visit the baby. From there you can accept of deny their visit. It should also be that there is also the option to "Ask to Leave" for any situation even outside of this issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?

No, never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Yes, it only started to occur after I purchased and installed Cats and Dogs.

Message 61 of 70 (1,900 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I have attached a screenshot with 2 previous baby daddys that I cannot get to leave the house.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjmQImw3X0y3pHdMVz8Hw6w9KhWj
Message 62 of 70 (1,861 Views)

★ Apprentice

Does anyone know if this issue is going to be resolved or is it a "working as intended" issue that will just have to wait for someone to make a mod for?

Message 63 of 70 (1,793 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is such an annoying bug, my sims parents are divorced and hate each other. The fact the father is basically an unpaying room-mate and causes them to argue and be in bad moods all the time.

This can't be how its intended to work surely!? If I had my ex around my house I'd instantly show them the door.

Message 64 of 70 (1,753 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to confirm that this is a legit issue. We were able to reproduce it and we are currently working on it.

Thank you very much for your patience

Message 65 of 70 (1,738 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue. It's happened in two files, one example being when I played with the Calientes. Don got the twins, Nina and Dina, both pregnant and ran off (aka I moved him out of the household). I guess this could be semi-useful in some scenarios IF THE FATHER IN MY OTHER SAVE WHERE THIS HAPPENED DIDN'T HATE KIDS!

Message 66 of 70 (1,616 Views)

★★ Guide

This is true for both fathers and mothers btw. I had a case where the mother wasn't living in the household and she too was always around as long as the kid was a toddler. As soon as the kid became a child, she left, just as the fathers usually do.

Thanks for letting us know this is being looked at @SimGuruIcarus - it is a really annoying bug!

Message 67 of 70 (1,563 Views)

Hero
I've adjusted the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 68 of 70 (1,560 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Parent of my children no living on lot will not leave

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It's because both parents are "Caregiver" by default. If one of them is not living in the household with the toddler then they'll just walk in uninvited. This issue came with the toddler update.

Message 69 of 70 (1,525 Views)

Re: Parent of my children no living on lot will not leave

Hero

• This one’s a little complicated, so stick with me. If your Sim had a baby with a Sim who didn’t live in the house, then you aged up the baby to a toddler while this Sim was visiting, they couldn’t leave. Well, now they can leave! Woohoo! Wait, Woohoo is what got us in trouble in the first place.

Fixed in Patch 1.43.14

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 70 of 70 (7,497 Views)