[FIXED] Paintings Incorrectly Tagged as CC

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Re: Custom photograph for a gallery lot still marks it as containing cc

★ Apprentice

I have been using the Tray importer for a while before the bug started and in that time that I have been using it not once has it shown that it contained cc, you can check out my gallery: SharkSimmer.

I don't remember how many updates ago Tray importer worked on, I think it was 2 or 3 updates ago maybe.

Message 31 of 51 (733 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You need to test without anything to say that this is not fixed.

Since your lot was without flag before and then with, it might have even been done manually because someone reported it .. or was this your library only ?

I've tested this too on a fresh folder and I had no issues on rooms or on houses and I was able to reproduce it before pretty easily.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 32 of 51 (727 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SharkSimmer the Tray Importer originally did not cause creations to be flagged CC, but Maxis changed their code in the March 22 patch to start flagging them.  Creations that hadn't been flagged in the meantime were retroactively flagged, but it was done manually, and many creations were missed.  You were evidently one of the lucky ones that got missed.

Message 33 of 51 (723 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's very strange, why would they even do that? A lot of builders rely on the Tray Importer to make their houses more "photogenic" since the default gallery pictures don't flatter the lot at all in most cases. This manual flagging has left quite a negative effect with builders.

(I went back and re-read the update post and just realised that it was about photos being placed on lots, but still...)  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Message 34 of 51 (718 Views)

Hero

Yeah, that's a different discussion. There's threads for that at the official forums.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 51 (706 Views)

Re: [GTW] Photographs and Custom Content

★ Guide

@crinrict @BryonyRae 

In the entire save, I suppose I do have "CC". Technically it's unlock mods for career clothing, but they slap the wrench on my saved sims who are wearing regular career clothes just because of the mod. It never used to happen until around, umm...maybe March 2016?

I'm away from my game for a bit, but I'll try my photography save and an entirely new save to see if it's still happening, and get back to you.

Message 36 of 51 (694 Views)

Hero

I guess what I wanted to say, if those are older rooms you're trying that were flag because of a Sim with cc on the lot, then this is an entirely different issue.

This whole thing is pretty complicated.

For now, for this particular thing, it's best to concentrate on newly built houses, preferably on a new save in an unmodded environment. If it's still flagged, then it's not fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 51 (684 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Is anyone still having this issue with paintings by reference?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 38 of 51 (641 Views)

Hero (Retired)

In some brief testing today, I could not reproduce the bug @SimGuruNick.  However, back in May (see pg. 3 of this thread), I provided @SimGuruArvin with a couple of saves that had the bug.  You might check with him as to whether he found anything / whether the bug got queued up to be fixed.  It wasn't entirely easy to repro it back then, so I'm not convinced that just because I couldn't do so today, it is fixed.  As you saw on the forums, there are still a few reports that come in about it.

Message 39 of 51 (630 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, SimGuruNick! I'm @Pavsc's friend, Here is the save folder that
you asked me to be able to help with the problem of the pictures
and photos as get personalized content .
Thanks so much for your help

https://drive.google.com/drive/my-drive

Message 40 of 51 (620 Views)