by Girlseye

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Page Up & Page Down is no logner working in Tab mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In TAB mode, PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN is no logner working, it supposed to show the upstair and downstair when we press PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN in the TAB mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? In TAB mode, PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN is no logner working, it supposed to show the upstair and downstair when we press PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN in the TAB mode.
What do you expect to see? In TAB mode, PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN is no logner working, it supposed to show the upstair and downstair when we press PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN in the TAB mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.66 update today

In TAB mode, PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN is no logner working, it supposed to show the upstair and downstair when we press PAGE UP & PAGE DOWN in the TAB mode.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (5,896 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Page Up & Page Down is no logner working in Tab mode

Hero

Page Up/Page Down and Home/End Keys now work in Free Cam Mode

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (5,550 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Page Up & Page Down is no logner working in Tab mode

★★★★★ Apprentice

I might add that this also is true for the home/end buttons which used to let us change whether walls were up or down. It's making taking screenshots so much harder. I definitely hope we will be able to get these shortcuts back again! 

Message 2 of 18 (5,789 Views)

Can no longer use page up/down or home/end shortcuts while in camera mode?

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hit tab to go into camera mode while in live mode. Try to press the page up/down buttons or home/end buttons to either go up or down levels, or bring walls up and down.
What happens when the bug occurs? The shortcuts no longer work while in camera mode. They will work when out of camera mode, but it's especially inconvenient for machinima makers and people who like to quickly take screenshots in-game. I used to do this all the time and suddenly, I can't.
What do you expect to see? The walls go up or down, or levels go up or down when I press the shortcuts while in camera mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the patch done on September 3rd, 2020, the issue started occurring. Literally days before it, I was using these buttons in camera mode while trying to film for a video. All of a sudden after the patch, it's not working anymore.

Machinima makers and people who like to take quick screenshots while in game, may be familiar with the page up/down shortcuts and home/end shortcuts to move the walls up and down and the lot levels up and down. This is especially helpful in camera mode, but after the September 3rd patch, the shortcuts don't seem to work in camera mode. They work just fine out of camera mode, but it's terribly inconvenient now.

Message 3 of 18 (5,601 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, this needs fixing. AU player here, no mods installed, the keys mentioned above do not work.

Message 4 of 18 (5,718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This needs fixing ASAP. Come on!

Message 5 of 18 (5,645 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yep, Page Up/Down and Home/End shortcuts are not working. Incredibility frustrating when using cameraman mode. Doesn't seem like any of the other shortkeys for camera movement are affected, but i only checked briefly.

Message 6 of 18 (5,561 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yes, so thankful I found this thread. I thought something was wrong on my end, but it's just another casualty of the infamous September 3rd patch. rip.
Message 7 of 18 (5,395 Views)

★★★ Guide

Dunno what PgUp and PgDn does as I never use it. But the rotate keys < > do not work in tab view.

Message 8 of 18 (5,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. I love taking screenshots with the tab option and then going up and down with the pg up/pg dn keys but they don't work anymore and it's frustrating, hopefully they fix this problem soon. First the q/e keys don't work with the Moschino tripod and now this? Ugh

Edit: not only the pg up/pg dn keys don't work, also the home/end keys which allowed to show/hide the walls. They work perfectly on live and build buy mode but not in the tab mode

Message 9 of 18 (5,265 Views)

s

★ Novice

Good day.

In game mode, after pressing the TAB keyboard, raising and lowering the walls of the house with the PGUP and PGDN keys does not work for me. No keyboard works. In game mode, my PGUP and PGDN keyboards work! Only when I turn off the game bars (TAB) does the keyboard for lifting and lowering walls not work at all. Please help. From the beginning of the TS4 game, my PGUP and PGDN keyboards always worked. I need it for screenshots from a game without game bars.

Message 10 of 18 (5,137 Views)