Re: [PS4] Unable to Sell Inventory Stacks After Patch 1.05

by exdemon42

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I found a solution that worked for me on another forum.
In this order,
1. Press triangle to sell and cancel.
2. Press square to move and cancel.
3. Press triangle again and it will sell stack.

A few extra steps but at least I've got simoleons again! Hope this helps!
Message 11 of 51 (2,943 Views)

★★★ Novice

I realized I posted on the PS4 forum instead of Xbox One forum, sorry about that.  Anyway, I tried the suggestion and it doesn't work for me.  I completely rebooted my xbox one just to make sure I had a fresh start.  I tried again and again and that doesn't work.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I hope it is fixed soon.

Message 12 of 51 (2,880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
After fiddling around with the work-around I noticed that i should clarify something.
1. Press triangle or Y to sell and cancel.(make sure you actually select cancel on the pop up screen and not just pressing circle or b to back out)
2. Press square or X to move and cancel.
3. Press triangle or Y again and it will show a pop up asking whether you want to sell a stack.
Message 13 of 51 (2,767 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 Unable to sell inventory stacks

★★★ Newbie
So I've actually been using the method of pressing triangle and square and it worked, but now all of a sudden it doesn't and it's starting to get a little frustrating. Did they update it or something and change that?
Message 14 of 51 (2,794 Views)

★★★★ Novice
This is also a problem on Xbox One consoles as well. It seems they broke this function with the new patch. Now it just thinks you want to grab the stack and start dropping it in the world or sometimes that you want to sell just one. 😩 not helpful went you have 90+ items to sell in a stack.
Message 15 of 51 (2,753 Views)

★★★ Novice

What works for me until EA fix the square + triangle is this:

Press square, then circle, then triangle, CANCEL sell single item, then press square, circle, triangle and option to sell stack comes up on screen. 

Sorry not sure what Xbox equivalent is.

Message 16 of 51 (2,818 Views)

★ Guide

I'm on Ps4 and the thing that worked for me is to press Triangle on a stack, cancel, then press Square on it, cancel, then press Triangle again and it asks to sell the whole stack. 

Message 17 of 51 (2,806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
@AncientHylian
This works! It's kind of silly it works this way but at least it's a workaround for now.
Message 18 of 51 (2,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Oh great, I'm glad it worked for you! Hopefully we'll be able to sell stacks the old way soon.

Message 19 of 51 (2,776 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you!!! Was about to quit gardening until this! 

Message 20 of 51 (2,759 Views)