Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] Reward Trait Shrewd not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work City Living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get Famous Island Living Outdoor Retreat Spa Day Dine Out Parenthood Luxury Party Perfect Patio Movie Hangout Romantic Garden Kids Room Vintage Glamour Toddler Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Normal gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? All four of my household sims completed the fabulously wealthy perk a while back. I no longer receive my weekly bonus.
What do you expect to see? I expect a weekly bonus notification and simoleon deposit.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This has been going on since or before Dec 15th. That is when I noticed it and reached out to EA support for assistance.

Dec 15th,

Hi, it appears that the shrewd trait is not working properly for you. That's no good. I would like to help correct that issue with you. I'm thinking since that trait is not working after being equipped on your Sim that there could be some file corruption either within the save, the game, or the console. Let's try clearing some cache and other things before moving on to the big stuff.

RESTORE LICENSES

1. In the main menu XMB, using the controller scroll right to the Settings.
2. Select the option for PlayStation™Network/Account Management.
3. Choose Restore Licenses.
4. Select Restore.

Restore default settings-
This link should help (Make sure you know your Wifi password and PSN sign-in information) http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/restore_setting.html -Leon

Dec 21st,

Hey there, Ashlee, apologies for the delayed response. I know it can be frustrating when game doesn't work as intended. Aside from the steps already suggested, the only other real thing you can try would be to uninstall the game and try downloading again. We're a bit limited when it comes to the games on console, unfortunately. If you cannot get it to work properly, you can definitely report this as a bug in our forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-Bug-Report-Sims-4/td-p/4980665

Please reach back out if you need help with any other issue. -Jeff

I've since uninstalled and reinstalled the game but is has not resolved my issue.

Message 1 of 3 (796 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Reward Trait Shrewd not Working

Hero

Sims with the Shrewd reward trait weren’t as shrewd as they thought they were. We have restored their shrewd’ness and they should now actually receive the money they so rightfully shrewded away at the end of each week.

Fixed In Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (736 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@KnightSniperX This was fixed for PC/Mac already so hopefully console folks will get a fix on the next console patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (783 Views)

Hero

Sims with the Shrewd reward trait weren’t as shrewd as they thought they were. We have restored their shrewd’ness and they should now actually receive the money they so rightfully shrewded away at the end of each week.

Fixed In Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (737 Views)