Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] Household funds reset after adding new Sims to household

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? V1.20
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, dine out, get to work and realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When adding sim to my household
What happens when the bug occurs? My money drop to 22-28k depending on the number of Sims.
What do you expect to see? .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I install realm of magic

I know both PC and Mac are fixed, how about console? I never use any cheat before and I don't plan to use any in the future too. 

Message 7 of 14 (4,377 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4/XB1] Household funds reset after adding new Sims to house

Hero

Households downloaded from The Gallery should now have their starting funds set to the correct amount, and not just the base 20,000 Simoleons

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (4,319 Views)

All Replies

Money disappearing after CAS

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? Version 1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, patio stuff, vampire, kitchen stuff, dine out, city living, romantic garden stuff, get to work, laundry day, parenthood, get together, cats and dogs, spooky stuff, jungle adventure, seasons, kids room stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim with lots of money. Go to edit sim and add puppy. Approve edit and go to play family. Money will be gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Money just disappears.
What do you expect to see? Would have liked to edit sims without drastic change to their funds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It seems to have come with the story mode update for console PS4.

After story mode update, money my sims have earned has disappeared. For instance, I have one family with over 500,000 in sim money. I edited them to add a puppy in CAS and their funds dropped to 22,000. After testing with other sims it seems any visit to CAS caused money to drop to near starting fund amount.

Message 1 of 14 (4,628 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims to existing households resets household funds

★ Guide

I'm on a PS4 and this has been happening to me for weeks as well. I'm glad I keep lots of the expensive flowers and evolve them, because they keep my Sims afloat.

Message 2 of 14 (4,489 Views)

Household funds resetting

★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? EP01: 1.assets.live.ep01.97
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Pets, City living, Get to work, Parenthood, vampires, dining out, Moschino stuff, toddlers stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not really sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a sim moves out or gets deleted from one of my households (only the one so far) their money resets.
What do you expect to see? For their money not to reset every time someone moves or or gets deleted from the household.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? EP01: 1.assets.live.ep01.97
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island living, Pets, City living, Get to work, Parenthood, vampires, dining out, Moschino stuff, toddlers stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I’m not really sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a sim moves out or gets deleted from one of my households (only the one so far) their money resets.
What do you expect to see? For their money not to reset every time someone moves or or gets deleted from the household.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 3 of 14 (4,435 Views)

Hard Earned Money Lost

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.19
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire & Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simoleons
What happens when the bug occurs? So basically all my royalties (books they wrote) keep disappearing from my most-played Sims and they’re hard earned money disappears. One Sims family had over 500,000 Simoleons and was making around $5,000 a day through royalties and suddenly they only have $15,000 and no royalties????? All their money is * gone. They still have their jobs but they’re making far less than they were before and I have to write all of those books again. I have no idea what’s causing it but my most played Sims are suffering because of it. I had one family who I’ve been working very hard on for awhile and I had $99,000 Simoleons saved up for them (the parents are getting old and I wanted their kids to have a nice family home) and suddenly they only have $25,000 and I’m LIVID. I will NOT cheat to get money, I NEVER HAVE and now ALL OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY IS GONE Every single one of my families with over 50,000 - 600,000 Simoleons all have below 30,000 Simoleons now and I’m pissed. Where did it go?? Can I * have it back???? I’m actually gonna cry this is such a sack of *. I worked so hard on this game and this is straight up making me wanna delete it if it’s gonna glitch so hard that all of my hard worked progress just disappears like it’s * nothing. If I had screenshots of when they had all of their legitimately earned money, I would send them for comparison but I don’t because I didn’t * expect all of their money to just disappear like that. And I didn’t expect a game like this one to glitch in such a way that’d * over anyone’s progress in the game. I’ve been earning their money back again legitimately but I’m so pissed and I dON’T want to have to do that since it would take a very long time and I already did it. I want my money back. The Lopez-Eiko family was the one with over 500,000 Simoleons and over $5,000 in royalties (I’ve played as them since they lost it so they have $79,000 instead of $15,000 now) The Jackson family with Andy Jackson, Casandra, Kaylie and Alex had $99,000 last time I played and now they only have $25,000 Literally anybody in my game that had over $100,000 only has $20,000 and the rest were so close around $20,000 anyways that it doesn’t even matter that they got pushed back down but this is actually such a ridiculous glitch and I want it fixed.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see none of my hard-earned 100% organic Simoleons to not disappear I expect my royalties to gradually go away like they’re supposed to, rather than disappear. I honestly want all of my Simoleons back. I’m so pissed. I worked so hard to have my Sims living Legitimately Boujee Lives without cheats and all of the sudden all of the money I worked so hard for is * gone. GONE. THE ROYALTIES FROM ALL THE BOOKS THEY WROTE AND EVERYTHING. * GONE I DID THIS ALL LEGIT I DON’T DESERVE ALL OF MY HARD WORKED MONEY TO DISAPPEAR
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes

It won’t allow me to attach my photos because apparently iphone photo files are “too big” so 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ That ain’t even my fault. Allow the files to be bigger and maybe we can work something out because I got angry screenshots and I’m not gonna stop until I get my * Simoleons back.

Message 4 of 14 (4,474 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm on PS4 and have a similar issue. I went into manage households to delete 3 ghosts and 2 sims from a household and the funds went from 838,000 to 20,000. Luckily I caught it before clicking accept so then I tried only deleting the ghosts and leaving the other 3 sims and it was the same issue, left with 20,000. There are no pets in this household and wasn't adding any, only trying to delete sims.

*I'd like to add, I don't use cheats because I'm working on completing trophies 

Message 5 of 14 (4,431 Views)

Transfer funds between households loses money

★★★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Literally can’t find that
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, get to work, dine out, vampire, parenthood, toddler stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All I did was add transfer funds when I asked someone to move in and I went from my household income of 878,000 to 27,000
What happens when the bug occurs? I transfer funds from someone else and it changes the amount of money they had to the total amount of money for my household income
What do you expect to see? I expect to add 20,000 to my already existing 878,000
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

I would like to get my money back.

Message 6 of 14 (4,349 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4] Household funds reset after adding new Sims to household

Hero
@Elsmanh Console hopefully gets this on the next patch

Thread for PC/Mac for reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Adding-new-sims-to-existing-households-resets/m-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (4,282 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Adding new sims/pets to existing households resets household funds

★★★ Apprentice
@VIKING5GRL Mine happened after adding a dog, so pets arent safe either
Message 9 of 14 (4,236 Views)

Money Found a Better Home I Guess...

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? Whatever is current.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Manage a household and add or delete a member. Me specifically, I added a puppy to an existing 2 sim household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Money vanishes.
What do you expect to see? Lol. Seriously? Well hmmmmm... I expect my money to not disappear, duh.

So the last thing i did a few nights ago was add a puppy to one of my house holds. Never paid attention to my funds, added the dog and saved and quit. Today i downloaded the new university expansion and started up my household. At first i thought it was weird because it said the last played household in this particular save was a different family than i last used. (I play the Nash family and game said McHaggis was the last used household.) Anyway my daughter plays the game also so i thought maybe she used my save by mistake. Load up the game excited for university. Beer pong and wearing a bathrobe to class..... And bam. I have no flipping money. Well I had 24k, but when i last knew i had over 2 million. That's not a typo. I LOST 2 MILLION. (I had my sim become romantically involved with lottery winners and then just booted them out of the house once i had their money).

Anyway, 24k is not going to cut it. My house is massive, my bills are 17k, and im trying to start college here!! My guy is cranking out wooden bath tubs like a maniac just so he can eat! His girlfriend is doing 24 hour video streams to get the royalty money so i can pay the bills. Not to mention in whatever free time they have they both garden like prairie dogs on crack. I hope your next add on involves "controlled substances" because at this rate my sims need a nose full of Columbian BamBam to keep this kind of work ethic.

Thanks for listening and good luck with the fix.

Message 10 of 14 (4,242 Views)