[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] Harvestables disappearing from inventories

by belaIV

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PS4/XB1] Harvestables disappearing from inventories

★★★★ Novice

It would be nice to get some kind of information about when are we likely to see a patch. As with a major bug like this (this is what I would call a show-stopper bug), it is not unusually for more professional company to release hot-fix just to address such a bug. But apparently EA doesn't feel that this is important enough to be address. 

Even the status of this thread still remains "Needs Input", and not "Open". I am curious how much more evidence do they need as it is a KNOWN BUG that remains unfixed.

Seriously, EA. 

Message 11 of 31 (784 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@howxiann wrote:

It would be nice to get some kind of information about when are we likely to see a patch. As with a major bug like this (this is what I would call a show-stopper bug), it is not unusually for more professional company to release hot-fix just to address such a bug. But apparently EA doesn't feel that this is important enough to be address. 

Even the status of this thread still remains "Needs Input", and not "Open". I am curious how much more evidence do they need as it is a KNOWN BUG that remains unfixed.

Seriously, EA. 

I would give you more points for this, but it will not let me. I reported this right after they broke the game for console by deliberately giving console a patch that they ALREADY KNEW contained these bugs.I reported it AGAIN after they moved my post and merged it with the PC thread and marked the issue as RESOLVED. I have been following and commenting on my report thread every few days for just over a month now, and they still have not given us a fix, or said a damn thing about it. This is ridiculous. FIX THE GAME EA

Message 12 of 31 (762 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem on Xbox one, I've deleted all my saves and started a new game today after yesterday's patch and my harvestables are still turning to normal and disappearing. I don't use any mods, why is it that only pc and Mac get get the problem patched? When it's clear it's happening across all platforms.

Message 13 of 31 (718 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@CoralChain wrote:

I'm also having this problem on Xbox one, I've deleted all my saves and started a new game today after yesterday's patch and my harvestables are still turning to normal and disappearing. I don't use any mods, why is it that only pc and Mac get get the problem patched? When it's clear it's happening across all platforms.

There are more pc players. I prefer my xbox because I find it difficult to sit at my desk for any length of time, and cannot afford to buy a new desk chair every few months. What actually boggles my mind is, that they KNEW about the bugs before porting the patch to console. So they deliberately introduced all these bugs, (harvestables is only the tip of the iceberg) and left us hanging over the entire holiday season. Then,  instead of giving the patch that PC got on Dec 12 to fix these bugs, implemented the 'gallery' which basically just allows us to view and download things we could make for ourselves if we wanted to take the time. I am reading horror stories on the PC threads that talk about some really nasty bugs to do with University pack. So I still will not be able to play THAT even when we get a patch to fix the patch. Someone over there was saying oh, console will surely get a patch before they implement the next game pack on the fourth. even this thread, (which I started after my bug report was moved to the PC thread and that was marked "solved")  is marked as "needs input". Needs input how? They KNOW this is an actual bug because they BROKE it with the Dec 5th patch. Needs input how? So, since they break the game with these pre content release patches, and console does not get a prompt fix until maybe the next content release, what is going to happen when the last game pack is released and their patch breaks the game for console? No need to fix it I guess? Sorry I do tend to go on, but this has me so upset. Hundreds of dollars invested in one of my few forms of entertainment and they deliberately force game breaking patches down our throats.

Message 14 of 31 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having all my harvestables disappearing also on the PS4 platform. Haven't noticed any cooking stuff, but my sim uses a lot of potions.

Message 15 of 31 (688 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Lenardssunshine wrote:

I'm having all my harvestables disappearing also on the PS4 platform. Haven't noticed any cooking stuff, but my sim uses a lot of potions.

Yeah, I do not know what the cooking bug is, unless it is similar to the bartending bug, where my vampires cannot make any of the vampire drinks unless they have normal quality ingredients on them. Or unless it is related to child sims not being able to get any quick meals from the fridge. Imagine a childhood with NO CEREAL?!

Message 16 of 31 (676 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah the kids quick meal bug is so weird! It doesn't show that option for me but when my kid Sim is on auto she gets a quick meal herself. So I guess the option still there but not for the player I guess. Wondering

Message 17 of 31 (636 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@howxiann wrote:

Seriously, EA. 

It probably says needs input because I did not list every expansion. game pack and stuff pack I have when I opened this one after they MOVED my original thread into the PC thread and then marked it as closed, even though it is not fixed. It ticked me off that they did that, and I was not going to re type all that stuff. What upsets me even more is that I cannot play university still, and God knows when they will patch THAT, seeing as how almost 2 months later they still have not fixed THESE issues. Sims Is the only EA game I still play, because of this kind of issue, and I keep telling myself to JUST STOP, but I dearly love my sims. I about fell over when Gordon Ramsay said that thing "this chicken is so UN-done that EA tried to publish it."

Message 18 of 31 (589 Views)

Xbox One Harvestable Bug Needs to be Addressed

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too Many
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Harvest plants Leave lot, travel then return home then check inventory for harvestable items.
What happens when the bug occurs? All harvestable items disappear from inventory
What do you expect to see? Harvestable Items Remain in Sim Inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December 2019 Update

I am hoping EA will swiftly address this issue, This bug is highly annoying as I had to resort to using cheats in order to get around certain things, I was patient enough to wait until after the holidays for this issue to be fixed but it is now February 2020 and this issue needs to be resolved I am hoping someone can forward this to the EA staff. Hopefully in the future EA Will do better QA testing before releasing updates.

Message 19 of 31 (573 Views)

Re: Xbox One Harvestable Bug Needs to be Addressed

★★★★ Apprentice

@PlaguedByDaylite wrote:

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Too Many
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Harvest plants Leave lot, travel then return home then check inventory for harvestable items.
What happens when the bug occurs? All harvestable items disappear from inventory
What do you expect to see? Harvestable Items Remain in Sim Inventory
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December 2019 Update

I am hoping EA will swiftly address this issue, This bug is highly annoying as I had to resort to using cheats in order to get around certain things, I was patient enough to wait until after the holidays for this issue to be fixed but it is now February 2020 and this issue needs to be resolved I am hoping someone can forward this to the EA staff. Hopefully in the future EA Will do better QA testing before releasing updates.

I am not holding my breath. They knew about the bugs before they released the patch. They ported it in and RELEASED it to xb1 and ps4 KNOWING it had these bugs. It was not a matter of poor quality control. I was horrified to learn that they give us the same patch as PC, bugs and all, even when they are already aware of all the bugs. PC got a fix Dec 12. 

Message 20 of 31 (553 Views)