Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4/XB1] [GF] Acting prep task rest when travling

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel after completing acting task
What happens when the bug occurs? My job task at not completed anymore
What do you expect to see? My acting task to still be completed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Game was last updated 2/12/2020

Message 1 of 6 (822 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Prep Tasks Reset

Hero

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
  • This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

Fixed In Patch1 1.24

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (581 Views)

All Replies

Prep Tasks Reset

★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? 1.23
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, University, City Living, University, Pets, Get to Work, Parenthood, Dine Out, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim’s Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After you complete prep tasks and travel in the actor career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Prep Tasks show up as not started or incomplete even though they are finished.
What do you expect to see? Prep tasks stay completed after being started.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

As I complete prep tasks for the actor career and travel, the tasks show up as incomplete. This is not fair because I cannot get gold as a result of this. This has started out of nowhere and I haven’t been able to do any jobs because of it. 

Message 2 of 6 (762 Views)

Get Famous Prep Tasks Travel Glitch

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? SP09: assets.live-sp09.140
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Toddler, Fitness, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour,Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get Famous, actor career, practicing/preparing/developing for a gig. Sim will practice until it says complete, then travel to a different lot and progress will disappear.
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress of practicing for the gig resets when sim travels to a different lot, even to the set venue.
What do you expect to see? The objectives should stay complete to achieve a better gig score
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.

The progress of practicing for an acting gig resets when sim travels to a different lot, even to the set venue.

Message 3 of 6 (728 Views)

Re: [PS4/XB1] [GF] Acting prep task rest when travling

★ Guide

Same exact issue has suddenly started happening to me. I play on a PS4 with absolutely no mods or custom content. I own all of the additional packs and content except for the vampire and the magic ones. This is the first time I’ve played a SIM with the acting career. Everything was running fine until she got to Level 7 of the Acting Career. Immediately after that, all completed Acting Gig Prep Tasks would reset to “Not Started” anytime the Sim traveled anywhere. It’s a significant problem with the career because once the Sim travels to the gig, the prep tasks now reset to “Not Started” and it is then impossible to achieve Gold in a performance. I have tried to run around the acting lot, completing the prep tasks AND the gig tasks and it’s just not possible. There is not enough time and then the Sim winds up not having enough time to complete the actual acting scenes. I just tried it again and, again, she was unable to complete the scenes and she got Bronze. Very frustrating. It essentially makes the acting career unplayable. 

Message 4 of 6 (663 Views)

★ Guide
@queenbobia Same exact thing is happening to me. Everything ran fine until my Sim reached Level 7 of the Acting Career. Then the prep tasks started resetting to “Not Started” every time she travels to a gig. Now it’s impossible to get Gold in a performance and advance the career. :-(
Message 5 of 6 (662 Views)

Hero

Actor prep tasks will no longer reset on traveling.
  • This is the second travel issue in the game… was it trying to tell us something?

Fixed In Patch1 1.24

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (582 Views)