Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On NYE, click on your sim and attempt to make a resolution
What happens when the bug occurs? The “Make a Resolution” option is grayed out. When you hover over the option, it states that the sim has already made a resolution and to check the Simology panel to view progress.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see/have the option to make a resolution on NYE.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I see the thread that states this has been fixed for PC, but I don’t see a report for console. Perhaps it will be fixed in the next console patch (any idea when we’ll see the next patch?), but I wanted to report it just in case!
I had the option to make a resolution before the 1.20.101.3400 patch, but I have also installed Discover University, Laundry Day, Backyard Stuff, and possibly other stuff packs since then. My sims haven’t celebrated NYE since my recent installations, so I’m unsure which may have caused the problem.

Anyway, thank you for your hard work!

PS4: 1.20.101.3400 (64 bit)

Message 1 of 3 (424 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4: Cannot make New Year Resolution

Hero

Sims can now complete New Year resolutions on any lot, and not just their home lots.

Not exactly this issue but as this issue was also fixed in the bug PC/Mac patch that console players are now getting, I'm going ahead an marking this as fixed.

Let me know if it's not.

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (306 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Rae_Regenbogen Also a bug that was fixed on PC: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-New-Year-s-Eve-Make-a-Resolution-option-is/td-p/...

Hopefully you'll get it on the next console patch

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (388 Views)

Hero

Sims can now complete New Year resolutions on any lot, and not just their home lots.

Not exactly this issue but as this issue was also fixed in the bug PC/Mac patch that console players are now getting, I'm going ahead an marking this as fixed.

Let me know if it's not.

Fixed in Patch 1.22

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)