Re: Eco Lifestyle Debug Items Flickering.

by theganster1738

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS4] [ECO] Evergreen Harbor flickering pyramids

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new save. Choose springtime. Choose Evergreen Harbor and view any of the lots. I chose the Shipping Views lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the debug rocks, pipes, tires, and other dark color objects constantly flicker. You can just tell what the object is, but it's like static on the entire screen.
What do you expect to see? The object appear normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening with the latest update. Until then things looked fine.

I have tried deleting all my saved information and all packs from my PS4.  I then redownloaded and reinstalled all packs.  Same issue occured with the brand new save.  It seems to be something specific with the debug items in the Eco Lifestyle pack.

***UPDATE***  I've added a video capture from my PS4 to show exactly what this looks like.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 130 (12,420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PS4] [ECO] Evergreen Harbor flickering pyramids

[ Edited ]
Hero

On some PlayStation®4 systems, Eco Lifestyle’s Evergreen Harbor had a lot of objects flickering in the environment. We think we have squelched the problem. If you see it, please let us know and provide information about the model of PlayStation and OS version.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

Please use this thread if you have further issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-PS4-ECO-Evergreen-harbor-flickering-pyramids-Patch-1-61/t...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 130 of 130 (4,614 Views)

All Replies

EL Graphics Flickering and Textures not Loading

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

What is your current game version number? 1.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Knitting and SW
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fixing the textures?
What happens when the bug occurs? Textures are sporadic
What do you expect to see? Stabilized textures
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Textures are sporadic and constantly move. If there is a solution please explain! This is ridiculous! I don’t know if this is a bug but it affects the entire world.F6F8FCEA-D7C8-4CAA-8914-565B5B0300A1.jpeg

Edit by PoptartJuniper: Adjusted title to reflect the issue.

Message 2 of 130 (12,055 Views)

Re: EL entire world bugging out?

Hero (Retired)

@iamoz96 Turn off Your system completely, let it sit for a few minutes and power it back on.

Do the textures correct as the game loads or do they stay like this the whole time? Slow loading textures that load correctly after a little while could be an issue with the drive. Do you have the game and all it's pack on the same hard drive? Are you using an external? If so, does moving the game to the internal drive stop this issue?

Message 3 of 130 (11,998 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Same I just went to evergreen Harper on a save filed I haven't been on in a few weeks and see that to

Message 4 of 130 (12,226 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the exact same issue. I just downloaded the game on PS4.

Message 5 of 130 (12,098 Views)

Sims 4 eco lifestyle bugs/glitches

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 03.180
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but realm of magic Star Wars journey to butuu nifty knitting and my first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game and load into a lot in evergreen harbor In port promise
What happens when the bug occurs? Flickering world textures in evergreen harbor port promise
What do you expect to see? Non flickering textures
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It has been doing this since Star Wars journey to butuu launched 

Message 6 of 130 (12,007 Views)

Evergreen Harbour textures glitching

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.32
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work. Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat. Vintage Glamour Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go onto one of the lots in the centre area of Evergreen harbour
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the metal things outside the house area are completely glitched (flickering very rapidly, very annoying to look at) and sometimes if you zoom out (build mode or live mode) the whole screen gets blue lines & starts flickering. Once it does this it won’t stop until you go to manage worlds. Game is also being rather slow recently, more than normal (loading screen times but also the speed with which your sim commands take effect, so sometimes are stuck in the queue for ages, my sim even missed work once because it took so long to load the “go to work”)
What do you expect to see? The textures being normal, game running at a half decent speed

N/A

Message 7 of 130 (11,919 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This has just started happening on my game, I play on console with a fair few packs and in the past few days all the dark objects/debug stuff has started flickering like in your video. My game has also recently been very laggy in Grims Quarry especially; I'm finding this happening most in the Eco Lifestyle pack for me but the flickering happens in other worlds also. Was hoping it was not just my PS4 dying on me so I'm at least pleased to see it's not just me, but not pleased that this bug is happening and affecting lots of other people's games.

Message 8 of 130 (11,618 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wondering is there a fix found for this I actually can’t play the game due to this issue and flickering on screen. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, waiting for an update with the hope it’ll fix it

Message 9 of 130 (11,668 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@messtaken Can you see my questions just above and answer any of them? The original poster never came back and let me know.
Message 10 of 130 (11,638 Views)