by Sid1701d9

Original Post

[FIXED] [PS4] [DU] University homework not showing progress

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated to current version as of Feb 2020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from tiny living and realm of magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the sim to do university homework
What happens when the bug occurs? University homework doesn’t show completion of homework progress accurately so I have to come in and out of doing the homework to make it catch up.
What do you expect to see? The progress on the action bar showing appropriately in real time
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Only noticed this bug as I’ve started to play university. I’m not sure if it affects school homework as not playing a household at the moment with a child in it 

Message 1 of 12 (1,510 Views)

Re: [PS4] [DU] University homework not showing progress

Hero (Retired)

I have also seen this. The bar progresses a tiny bit, but then doesn't move at all. Once the sim is almost done or already done with the action, the bar fills and the homework completes.

Message 2 of 12 (1,469 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It’s super annoying. It also takes about 3-4 sim hours to complete. I’m not sure if that’s correct though? 

Message 3 of 12 (1,463 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@laurareay89  Homework does take a while to complete. You can have your sim go to the library with the "Study Spot" trait, it helps with homework, as does increasing research and debate skills.

The stuck bar, however, is not normal.

Message 4 of 12 (1,461 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you for the tip. I wasn’t sure how long it was meant to take so didn’t include that in my bug report. I thought the progress though definitely is a bug. 

Message 5 of 12 (1,458 Views)

Hero
@laurareay89

PC thread for this as reference: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Homework-timer-doesn-t-progress/m-p/8534852

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,426 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks so there’s no real answer except use the uni career bit for progress and have a two sim or more household. My sim is currently living at home in Brindleton bay - alone. Perhaps I’ll make her go to the commons to find her soul mate a little sooner 😊

Message 7 of 12 (1,418 Views)

Issues with Homework Completion: Discover University

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 02.142
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Discover University, Island living, get famous, seasons, cat and dogs, city living, get together, get to work, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your sim start doing their homework.
What happens when the bug occurs? it started happening after I enrolled my sim in an university. Everytime she picks up her homework it doesn't show me a progressing green bar. The green on the bar doesn't move and stays in the same spot making me think she hasn't completed it until she ends up closing the book completely. I even moved her to another building, restarted my game and playstation and nothing helped.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the green wheel slowly moving towards completion around the circle and not to stay in one place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A workaround for  this  issue  is canceling my sim from doing  the  homework assignment then reopening the assignment to see how much the bar progressed. But no matter what i do i can't see the bar progress in real time like it would with any other sim activity. Is this meant to happen with the Discover University expansion pack? Because this doesn't happen if for example, I had a teen that was doing their regular homework. 

Message 8 of 12 (1,406 Views)

Re: Issues with Homework Completion: Discover University

★★★ Novice

video.jpgthis is an image of the issue. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,393 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Issues with Homework Completion: Discover University

★★★★ Guide
@Hydeiax Well its the same for most of us, the green bars speed is based on base level, if you want it to go faster increase the research and debate skill. Also Get Together club skill boost once only for children high school works on university homework, haven't tried to see if research and debate would increase speed of teen homework. Also working in groups also increases the speed of homework gain and you keep social. For parents that have kids that are now young adult, adults, you may be able to tutor the college student, the only difference is the homework books are based on skill so the parent or other household members need high level skill, I have no clue if the college tutor homework counts towards the family asperation like the Elementary and High School ones do.
Message 10 of 12 (1,339 Views)