Sims won’t use ski lift to ski continuously.

by beeeyearr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PS/XB] [SE] Slope Pathing/Routing not Working

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.35.8.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go skiing or snowboarding on the slopes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will not use the path or the lift to climb to the top, they will just walk up the slope to get to the start point. They will also walk through trees and rocks to get to another slope if you direct them to ski on a different slope.
What do you expect to see? Sims pathing properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.35

The pathing is broken. I also never saw any NPC sims using the slopes at all.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 3 of 12 (2,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] [SE] Slope Pathing/Routing not Working

[ Edited ]
Hero

@PoptartJuniper is this issue fixed as well ?

EDIT: Seems it is.

Marking this as fixed then.

Also in Snowy Escape, Sims with high enough Skiing and Snowboarding skill now can
enjoy the more advanced slopes. Sims also use the Lift to go to the top of the slopes
and not go “the hard way.”

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (1,354 Views)

All Replies

[NEEDS INPUT] [PS/XB] [SE] Sims don't use skilift anymore

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? Version 1.35
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions Game Packs: No Journey to Bateu. Have all others Stuff Packs: No Nifty knitting, My 1st Pet, or Laundry Day. Have all others.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don’t know
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims only use Easy slope. Walks back up mountain after skiing down. No one else on slope. Won’t keep warm clothes on. Sometimes gets stuck and won’t move.
What do you expect to see? Fix to be able to ski & snowboard down all slopes. Have Sims “Ride to Top” after going down slope.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Attached.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 12 (2,605 Views)

[XB1][SE]Sims don't use skilift, run back up instead

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

after the latest patch my sims don't use the lift anymore to get back up the mountain for skiing/snowboarding, instead they run back up on the skiing/snowboarding area.

I am on Xbox one

Version 1.35.8.2300

every DLC up to date (11 Dec 2020) installed

Message 2 of 12 (2,587 Views)

[Current Issue] [XBOX] Sims 4 Snowy Escape Gondola Broken

★★★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What is your current game version number? 1.36
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all expansion packs, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Dine Out, Parenthood, all stuff packs except Spooky stuff, Backyard, Luxury Party, Toddler, Moschino, Bowling, and Romantic Garden.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your sim try to go up gondola/ make your sim continuously ski/snowboard down slopes on console.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim walks up the mountain and through the terrain instead of just teleporting up to the top of the slopes.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sims to be able to teleport back up to the top of the gondola and not just walk through the terrain.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing else.

Message 4 of 12 (2,437 Views)
Highlighted

Sims won’t use ski lift to ski continuously.

★★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your current game version number? EP06: 1.assets.live-ep06.130
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ski or board continuously. Watch how the Sim ignores the lift to walk up the slope.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will walk Soccer ball between the slopes, or Football up the intermediate slope and through jumps.
What do you expect to see? Skiers and boarders should ALWAYS use the lift to go back up for another run.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

• The Sims used the lift continuously after the launch and repair of the Big Crash. 
  • The Sims will still use the lift if specifically directed.
  • Sometimes they get stuck walking up the slope or between slopes.  It can only be cured by traveling away. 
Message 5 of 12 (2,255 Views)

Re: Sims won’t use ski lift to ski continuously.

★★★★★ Novice

Open since December? Any kind of fix in sight? Or just learn to live with it at this point? Some status communication beyond, "We're aware and looking into it," would be nice.

Message 6 of 12 (1,575 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] [SE] Slope Pathing/Routing not Working

★★ Novice

I just had this issue as well in Stonecrest Apartment 4.I was on the lot, half my household was standing outside the door chatting with an invited sim, the other half were inside. Immediately when the NAP was enacted, the door disappeared. The problem is that the original door is a one tile door and it's replaced with a two tile door. If there is anything next to the door, the new door can't place when the NAP goes into effect if bb.moveobjects isn't already on.

Message 7 of 12 (1,524 Views)

Sim won't ski

★ Novice

Platform:PlayStation 5
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure - most recent update installed
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the skiis from the vending machine and try to ski continuously on the easy slope
What happens when the bug occurs? The skiis blink and then disappear and the action disappears
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to ski down the slope
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New patch released 5/27/21

N/A

Message 8 of 12 (1,460 Views)

Re: Sim won't ski

Hero
@LynnSoWavy The slopes are pretty broken on console but easy have worked so far. Does it only not work with bought skis ? Did you travel up and then try to ski down or gave the command from the bottom ?

This might be the issue that's closest to what you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-PS-XB-Slope-Pathing-Routing-not-Working/td-p/98435...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,438 Views)

Re: Sim won't ski

Hero
@LynnSoWavy Is the issue above what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (1,405 Views)