[FIXED] [PS/XB] [CoL] Cursor disappears after interacting with Coop

by starwarsnerd777

Original Post

Re: Wont let me highlight or click on objects to use them (eg. fridge

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes!! I am on ps4 and I cannot use the fridge - it completely freezes my game for 3 minutes, it makes it unplayable, along with the disappearing cursor after clicking the chicken coup. It’s infuriating, especially when it takes 9 years to restart the game. 

Message 61 of 79 (537 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PS/XB] [CoL] Cursor disappears after interacting with Chicken Coop

★★★ Newbie

I’ve had this same issue on my xbox one. I’ve had to restart the game multiple times to get the cursor to come back.

Message 62 of 79 (515 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this issue too! 😭 Is there no fix for this yet? I can see this has been going on for months!!

Message 63 of 79 (487 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

hi, so i just got back on this after a few years, as the bugs did my head in. couple of hours in, having the chicken coop issue on xsx. i can see it was first reported in july. so is it not gonna be fixed? i bought the cottage living for the chickens, and its rubbish i cant have em. pls fix this, or atleast admit ure not gonna. ty

Message 64 of 79 (458 Views)

Cursor Disappears after interacting with chicken coop

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Most
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you click on the chicken coop, to interact with it
What happens when the bug occurs? The cursor disappears and you cant interact with anything else. you wither have to go back to main menu or manage worlds
What do you expect to see? for me to carry on playing with my game after i have interacted with the chicken coop
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After downloading patch 1.51

no 

Message 65 of 79 (451 Views)

Re: Cursor Disappears after interacting with chicken coop

★★★ Novice
@connorhall450

Possible solution
I was having the exact same issue as you described it.
After reloading my lot from manage worlds, I entered build mode and first copied the coop, I then deleted the original then put the copied coop in it’s place. I then entered live mode and paused the game. I queued one sim to upgrade the coop then clean it and assign the chickens. I switched control to a different sim in my household then resumed play. The first sim completed all queued coop tasks without issue. I have been using the “pause, que, switch control, resume play” method ever since and have not had issue.
Message 66 of 79 (386 Views)

★★ Novice
@Blaneisme That's a lot of messing around
to just have chickens .

I noticed that I can feed the chickens and clean the coop without this bug occurring. It only occurs for me when I go into the "Assign" options, etc. on the coop.

Regardless, EA needs to pull a finger out the proverbial and fix this, instead of throwing out more packs to earn a quick buck.
Message 67 of 79 (370 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bianora I don’t disagree. This appears to be a console only issue, and console users get FAR less interaction, solutions, etc from the devs. From what I’ve seen, for PC users, Command Center can resolve damn near anything, but as that’s not a thing on console, we’re oftentimes SOL.
Message 68 of 79 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Blaneisme I've noticed this too. I have this problem on the PS4

Message 69 of 79 (349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue too, got cottage living yesterday, and as soon as I interact with the coop my cursor disappears! It’s so annoying as I really want to interact with my chickens without having to exit the game every minute. I’ve changed my controllers as well as their batteries, which made no difference. Please sort it out EA! 😟

Message 70 of 79 (309 Views)