[FIXED] [PS/XB] [CoL] Cursor disappears after interacting with Coop

by starwarsnerd777

Original Post

Sims 4 Cottage Living Disappearing Cursor Fix!

★★★★★ Novice

Hi guys, 

To everyone who is having trouble with your cursor disappearing when you interact with the chicken coop: I figured out, that if you delete your chicken coop from your sim's property, and put your chickens in your household inventory, the disappearing cursor glitch goes away, and the game will once again be playable until the sims team (if they ever do this) can come out with a patch to fix the issue entirely. I tried this this morning as I type this, and my game played just fine for the 2 hours that I played. I know this may have been posted by someone else already, but in case it hasn't, here you go folks! Just thought I'd throw it out there. I know I'll probably get a "Duh" from a lot of you, but I'm posting this anyway, just trying to help y'all out.

Message 31 of 79 (1,098 Views)

Re: Sims 4 cottage living bugs

★ Novice

I'd like to update this. I'm not sure if this was corrected during the latest update, but after all my chicks grew into adults I haven't encountered the glitch.

Message 32 of 79 (1,118 Views)

Re: Cursor keeps disappearing

★★ Apprentice
@mumofharry I am having the same issue, it does go away if you go into build mode which is less hassle than going into manage worlds. I've had lots of issues with this pack, crazy audio and the bonus content being missing. Contacted Ea but they say it's a ps issue...
Message 33 of 79 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PynkKitty How do you click build mode without a cursor? Totally agree loads of issues ea always blame ps but apparently its happening on xbox too
Message 34 of 79 (1,105 Views)

Re: [PS/XB] [CoL] Cannot interact with anything after trying to use the chicken

★★ Novice

I get the same but it only gets stuck when I go in the gather roaming chickens to coop menu and assign chickens menu or rather when you press to exit the menu the cursor disappears.

Message 35 of 79 (1,060 Views)

★★ Apprentice

If your on playstation, press the big black central menu button which then changes the controls so you can select manage worlds, build world and gallery. When I go back to play mode from build mode its back to normal. 

Message 36 of 79 (1,092 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PynkKitty Yes of course how stupid of me 😅
Message 37 of 79 (1,085 Views)

Cursor randomly disappears during play

★★★★★ Novice

I started playing with a new sim in the Henford world, and I've never had this issue before. The cursor just suddenly disappears as I'm playing and won't come back. I wasn't doing anything in particular. I tried looking up info on this and saw some say it had to do with taking pictures, but I haven't taken pictures. I'm just doing random farming and suddenly it vanishes and stays gone. I tried a few ways people suggest to get it back like going into first person mode for a bit, but that didn't solve the problem. I tried the camera mode and that didn't work. Tried jumping between live mode and build mode and that didn't work. Neither did traveling to another world. Why is this happening suddenly and how else can this be fixed?

Message 38 of 79 (1,053 Views)

Re: Cursor randomly disappears during play

★★★ Pro

@Bbwolf20 Is it disappearing when you interact with a chicken coop if so try this workaround https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Sims-4-Cottage-Living-Disappearing-Cursor-Fix/m-...

Message 39 of 79 (1,044 Views)

Re: Cursor disappears after chicken coop

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on an xbox one. 

Makes the game pretty unplayable as it takes so long to keep going in and out of manage worlds. 

I hope they don't take as long as they did to fix the aspiration issue for snowy escapes...!

Message 40 of 79 (995 Views)