Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED][PS] Can't Scroll Game Pack Settings Menu

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PlayStation 5
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.38.184.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Options Menu, Select Game Pack Settings
What happens when the bug occurs? With the addition of the Dust pack, you can not scroll down to find the pack settings in the menu. The scroll doesn't work. The scroll bar is there, just not functional.
What do you expect to see? The ability to scroll through the pack settings when some do not appear in the first screen, or default the packs to collapsed so you can select them individually.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added the Bust the Dust Pack

I can't scroll the pack settings as the scroll bar doesn't move, and on console with a controller, selecting the other pack menu to collapse them is extremely difficult. The mouse bounces all around the window and not inside the packs.

Edit: I uninstalled the game and all packs just to be sure! The scrolling still does not work properly on a fresh install of the game for PS5.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 8 (1,792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS] Can't Scroll Game Pack Settings Menu

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

We fixed an issue in which some of the controls when players are in the Game Options menus were a little off, it should work correctly now.

Fixed with Console Version 1.47

• Pack selection boxes are navigated with the d-pad or left stick, use the right stick to scroll down the window to see all the pack settings.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,326 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't Scroll Game Pack Settings Menu

Hero

@PoptartJuniper 

This is the way it is on a PC too.  No scroll button so if you don't know that an option exists, you will never see it since you can't scroll down.  Only way to see those is by collapsing one of the ones you can see.  And that is not readily apparent.

Message 2 of 8 (1,773 Views)

★ Pro

@CGrant56  Since I didn't have the room that came with the new kitchen set showing up under the kit filter, I did a game repair.  Before going back into game I came here and saw this thread so I just checked in my game.  The scroll bar is present for me in pack settings in a vanilla game on PC.  I had not checked prior to the game repair so I don't know if it was an issue before deleting localthumbcache and doing the repair.  Maybe repairing will help you.  If not and you use mods/cc, maybe something in the mod folder is interfering?  Or, in the event it makes a difference, I do have all content released to date installed, play in English, game version 1.71.86.1020 and never used mods/cc.

@PoptartJuniper I know nothing about consoles.  Do console players have the option to repair the game?

Message 3 of 8 (1,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Same for me. Scroll bar works fine for me too so might be a console issue after all. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@dolldrms1 Hi, and thanks! The scroll bar is present on the console version, it just doesn't move.

Edit: I uninstalled the game and all packs just to be sure! The scroll bar still doesn't work on a fresh install.

Message 5 of 8 (1,711 Views)

★ Pro

@PoptartJuniper Apologies for not clearly indicating that the scroll bar worked, as well as being present on PC.

Sorry that going to all the trouble of getting to a fresh install point didn't work, especially since you indicated that collapsing isn't easy with a controller.  I hope this is something EA can fix in the next patch for console players. 

Message 6 of 8 (1,683 Views)

Hero

@dolldrms1 @PoptartJuniper @crinrict 

Yep, it does work on PC after all.  The UI Cheats mod was the cause of it not working yesterday for me.  An updated version is out and once installed, the scroll bar works as it should.

Message 7 of 8 (1,666 Views)

Re: [PS] Can't Scroll Game Pack Settings Menu

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

We fixed an issue in which some of the controls when players are in the Game Options menus were a little off, it should work correctly now.

Fixed with Console Version 1.47

• Pack selection boxes are navigated with the d-pad or left stick, use the right stick to scroll down the window to see all the pack settings.

Message 8 of 8 (1,327 Views)