Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PPSP] Sims freeze in hot tubs

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let two Sims do a physical interaction in a hot tub like massage, kissing etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? When they finish the interaction, one Sim will freeze with outstretched arms and can only be moved by resetting. The other Sim will go away through the hot tub as if it weren't there.
What do you expect to see? Normal behavior.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It began two or three months ago. I have repaired the game and changed the TS4 folder since then.

I thought this would go away but it doesn't.

Hot Tub.jpg

Message 8 of 19 (1,873 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PPSP] Sims freeze in hot tubs

★★★★ Pro

Back from holiday, I started testing with a patched new vanilla save with all packs except Seasons. It looks like they fixed some Sims-resetting problems with the pre-Seasons patch. Making-out in the hot-tub works fine again. I tested all possible romantic interactions without any problem.

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (2,460 Views)

All Replies

Make-out in any Hot-tub Causes Sim Lockup

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every one except Cats and Dogs, Parenthood, Toddler Stuff and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make-out in any hot-tub on a community or home lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? At the end of the interaction one of the two sims locks up in a tree pose and needs to be reset and an LE error is thrown.
What do you expect to see? A continuation of the interaction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.36.104.1020

Message 1 of 19 (2,126 Views)

Re: Make-out in any Hot-tub Causes Sim Lockup

★★★★★ Apprentice

Here's the LE...

Message 2 of 19 (2,114 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And I forgot to mention that the couple I used were active and romantically involved and married opposite sex if that makes a difference.

Message 3 of 19 (2,106 Views)

Hero

@ruralfpsgamer

do you only have issues with make-out or also woohoo ?

Did you initiate the interaction or was it done autonomous ?

Also merged with reset thread (as you said they T-Pose which is a reset, even if they are locked up afterwards)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (2,093 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just with make-out. Woohoo is fine. And I initiated the interactions. It wasn't autonomous.

Message 5 of 19 (2,142 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I did some more testing on a brand new game save with a brand new married couple with no mods in the game or skills on the couple and the same problem except without the tree pose lock at the end. Both were kicked out of the hottub and reset after makeout. Same with kiss as well. Exact same error and an LE thrown both times.

Message 6 of 19 (2,294 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hot tub issues- couples resetting

I tested this without mods/cc and repaired the game to no avail.

Initially, I had issues with my couples resetting after making out in the hot tub. I also discovered that the couples reset after canceling the hot tub interaction from the queue. They are not stuck. Just stand there as if they never got in.

Message 7 of 19 (1,841 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Sims resetting

Hero
Moved some posts over that were originally posted in the resetting collection thread.

Think this warrants for a thread on it's own.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (1,805 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PPSP] Sims freeze in hot tubs

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (1,752 Views)