[FIXED] [PPSP] Sims freeze in hot tubs

by alanmichael1

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PPSP] Sims freeze in hot tubs

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay here goes. Had the same problem with the hot tubs, kiss makeout, etc... So did the following, deleted all cache files in both origin folders, did a repair game, took out all my mods except mccc and moxiemason nomosaic mod and the resetbathing mod. Started a new game, got a LE error, went on discord, they looked at the file, told me I don't need the resetbath mod, and not to use the hot tub because it was broken. It started after last patch. This is my story and I'm sticking to it.......lol

Message 11 of 19 (1,459 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Now, I've noticed that the same thing is happening when I use the sauna, woohoo is okay but making out causes sims to reset .
Message 12 of 19 (1,430 Views)

Hero
Could you please make a new thread for that. Like to keep that separate.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (1,411 Views)

Sim freezes when queuing action during hot tub "SitIntimate" state

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Dine Out, Parenthood, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff. Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? **1) This requires 2 Sims, ideally ones who have some measure of romantic relationship between them. (It's necessary to perform at least one romantic interaction in the hot tub to set this up.) In addition, one of the Sims should have an interact-able item in his/her inventory. I believe it needs to be something they can use while sitting. I've tested mostly with food and drink items, but I think I did it with a book once too. Go with food/drink for a sure thing. **2) Get your 2 Sims into the hot tub and initiate some manner of romantic interaction. The object here is to put them into the 'snuggling' close-together position within the hot tub -- that's when the issue occurs. (This appears to be referred to as the "SitIntimate" or "SI" state in the last exception report.) **3) Now with the 2 Sims sitting together, select the Sim who has the food/drink in their inventory, open their inventory, click the food/drink and instruct them to eat or drink it. As soon as this action enters the queue, the Sim locks up and becomes unresponsive.
What happens when the bug occurs? As soon as this action enters the queue, the Sim locks up and becomes unresponsive. His/her partner is bounced into a standing posture and is no longer 'in the hot tub' though they may still be standing within its footprint. The frozen Sim doesn't move at all and will not respond to further instructions. The partner Sim can be ordered to perform other actions and responds normally. **Note: I was able to use the Shift-click debug option to reset the frozen Sim, after which it seemed the Sim once again responded normally.
What do you expect to see? Would expect the eat/drink (or other) action to be added to the Sim's queue and wait until the romantic interactions are completely resolved and the Sim is no longer in the "SitIntimate" state/posture, then resolve the action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I normally use some mods and CC in my game.  When this occurred, I did remove my Mods folder from the game folders, delete the localthumbcache.package file and test it again with a 'plain vanilla' game -- the glitch still occurred exactly as described above.

The issue does generate a last exception report.  Attaching the lastException.txt file below.

By the way:  The formatting options (or rather, the extreme lack of) in the report form -- particularly in the 'steps to reproduce' section -- makes this rather difficult to read.  I did the best I could.  Just thought you ought to know.

Message 14 of 19 (1,353 Views)

Re: Sim freezes when queuing action during hot tub "SitIntimate" state

★★★ Apprentice

So, I tried this multiple times with 2 different browsers (Firefox and MS Edge) and I cannot get a post to submit successfully with an attachment.  Thus I was not able to attach the lastException.txt file as I'd originally intended.

Message 15 of 19 (1,349 Views)

Re: Sim freezes when queuing action during hot tub "SitIntimate" state

Hero
HI @Ayradyss

merged your post with existing thread.

If you want to make suggestions about the bug template, it's best to post in the AHQ forum here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Answers-HQ/bd-p/AnswerHQHelp

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 19 (1,328 Views)

★★★ Novice

same problem here any fix ?

Message 17 of 19 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem as well. No mods. I've tested on various households. After the couple make out, or kiss, or massage, they stand up and walk out (instead of getting out, they walk through the hot tub. One stands outside it, and one walks through.), or they get stuck in a reset position with their arms out to their side. They also get out very quickly, immediately after entering, unless I add an interaction in the hot tub to their queue. They always leave after the interactions are completed (unless they are stuck, in which case I move the hot tub in build mode). This happens 100% of the time for me since the last patch.

Message 18 of 19 (1,230 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Back from holiday, I started testing with a patched new vanilla save with all packs except Seasons. It looks like they fixed some Sims-resetting problems with the pre-Seasons patch. Making-out in the hot-tub works fine again. I tested all possible romantic interactions without any problem.

Message 19 of 19 (2,408 Views)