Family Bulletin Board can not be cleared, resets sims when trying.

by Amy571

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] 'clear bulletin board' doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expanion packs all game packs all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? by using the 'clear bulletin board' action on the bulletin board from the PH GP
What happens when the bug occurs? sims don't clear the bulletin board and just reset
What do you expect to see? I expect the bulletin board to be cleared of all the pictures and notes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after I installed seasons/perhaps already with the seasons patch

Hello,

when I try to clear the bulletin board from the Parenthood GP my sims just reset and dont clear it. I also get a last exception file in my sims folder for it. Tested with and without mods in a new and old save file. I also let someone else test it in their game and they have similar problems aswell.

Message 1 of 14 (3,884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PH] 'clear bulletin board' doesn't work

★★ Guide
just made a sim post a note and successfully clear the board a few days later.
I have noticed that sims no longer automatically put notes and pictures up anymore.

View in thread

Message 13 of 14 (2,686 Views)

All Replies

Family Bulletin Board can not be cleared, resets sims when trying.

★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the family bulletin board, add a note or drawing, try to clear it.
What happens when the bug occurs? If I try to use the "clear board" function on the Family Bulletin Board, the sims pause and reset really fast, and do not clear the board.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to clear the board as usual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after the seasons patch and expansion release.

I am having an issue using the Family Bulletin Board. Once it is full of items like notes and sketches, I try to use the "Clear Board" option. The sims reaches up like they are supposed to in order to clear it but then pause and reset, failing to complete the action and not clearing it. This started sometime after the seasons patch was downloaded.

Message 2 of 14 (3,765 Views)

Re: Family Bulletin Board can not be cleared, resets sims when trying.

Hero
Hi @Amy571

thank you for your report.

I've merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (3,759 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (3,746 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same thing here. Clean install, no mods or CC.

Message 5 of 14 (3,526 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] 'clear bulletin board' doesn't work

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: All but Seasons - GP: all - SP: Perfect Patio, Movie stuff, Romantic Garden, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using the 'clear bulletin board' action on the bulletin board from Parenthood
What happens when the bug occurs? The controlled Sim resets and the action cancels, bulletin boards stays full
What do you expect to see? The board is cleared of all notes...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, nothing
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It used to work, but I haven't played a lot nor used the bulletin board for the last months, so I can't say precisely when the bug appeared.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I patch my game regularly. Last DLC added are Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure and Laundry Day in June when on sale.

Message 6 of 14 (3,337 Views)

Bulletin board

★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Packs: Get to work, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, Game Packs: parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, Stuff Packs: pet stuff, laundry, toddler, Bowling, vintage glamour, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Bulletin Board. Try and clear the board
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything stays on the board
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the notes etc. clear from the board
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Get to work, seasons, cats and dogs, city living, get together, Game Packs: parenthood, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, Stuff Packs: pet stuff, laundry, toddler, Bowling, vintage glamour, backyard stuff, kids room stuff, romantic garden, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio, luxury party stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use the Bulletin Board. Try and clear the board
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything stays on the board
What do you expect to see? I expect the notes and drawings to clear from the board 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 7 of 14 (3,173 Views)

Re: Bulletin board

Hero

Hi @Mysteek220065

I've merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Feel free to click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (3,149 Views)

Parenthood Bug: Interacion "Clear Bulletin Board" does not work.

★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With the Family Bulletin Board full of notes, try using the "Clear Bulletin Board" interaction.
What happens when the bug occurs? The interaction will not work and the sim will be in a position of open arms.
What do you expect to see? I hope the interaction to be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

Basically the bug is this: it is not possible to use the "clear board" interaction of the Parenthood game pack. The interaction does not work.

Message 9 of 14 (3,138 Views)

Re: Parenthood Bug: Interacion "Clear Bulletin Board" does not work.

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SimsTime

thanks for the report.

I've merged your post with existing thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 14 (3,116 Views)