Re: Disappearing placemats. When are they going to fix this? It's been months.

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Vanishing Placemats

★★★ Novice

I've been having this same issue with my game. I believe it was after the release of Cats & Dogs I thought it might have been solved after the seasons patch but nope it is still there. The placemats are disappearing which totally sucks theres no reason to set the table anymore if the mats don't remain under the plates while the sims eat. I really hope this is fixed because I love attention to detail and small features like this they really make a difference so its a shame its not working.

Message 11 of 16 (880 Views)

Disappearing placemats. When are they going to fix this? It's been months.

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With Parenthood GamePack, make a sim put a placemat on the table. Then make food with any sim, and do the sim put the plate on the placemat. When the sim puts the plate on the placemat, the placemat will disappear next. IMPORTANT: This bug only happens when Sims put plates on the placemats. This bug does not happen when the player himself places a plate on the placemet using the hand function that the game offers.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Sims put plates on the placemat, the placemat disappears.
What do you expect to see? I would like this problem to be fixed, even because it has been in the game for months, has been reported 3 times, and so far nothing has been done to get it fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I just can not take it anymore. This bug has been in the game for over 6 months and so far it has not been fixed. And the worst is that it affects one of the most interesting features of the Parenthood Game Pack.

We put the placemats on the table, but when the Sims put a plate on the placemats, they disappear.

DEMONSTRATION:

Message 12 of 16 (854 Views)

Hero

Hi @SimsTime

I merged your post with exiting thread on the issue.

Thanks for the additional info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 16 (828 Views)

★★ Pro

Adding a Me Too and hoping that Maxis fixes this soon as it's ruining a core part of the Parenthood pack.

Message 14 of 16 (792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Such an annoying issue. Can we please get this fixed! 

My sims are massively obsessed with laying out placemats since the seasons patch so it would be nice if there was actually a point to their obsession 🤔

Message 15 of 16 (769 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

• Table settings will no longer disappear when Sims sit down to eat.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 16 (2,658 Views)