Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Vanishing Placemats

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Parenthood and Toddler Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim to set the table with any placemats, and then get them to grab food from the fridge or from a plate (before they've sat down at the dining table).
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim grabs some food, walks to the table, puts it on the placemat. The placemat then vanishes!
What do you expect to see? The placemat should not vanish until the plate/bowl has been picked up to be cleaned or moved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the November 2017 Patch (the bigger one), and I had to update my computer to run macOS High Sierra, Versions 10.13.1

If a sim is sitting at the table and grabs the food from the centre of the table without getting up, the placemat won't disappear. If you drag the plate/bowl to the placemat yourself, it will not vanish as well. This shouldn't matter though, as my sims should be able to sit with a placemat regardless!

Message 1 of 16 (3,645 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappearing placemats. When are they going to fix this? It's been months.

Hero

• Table settings will no longer disappear when Sims sit down to eat.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (2,593 Views)

All Replies

Re: Vanishing Placemats

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I've seen this in my games as well.

My memory on how it was when placemats were first introduced is foggy at best, but this may possibly be by design. Regardless, the expected results you mention are what I would expect as well. Standard smile

Edit: Think I remembered how it worked. The empty dish on top of the placemat disappears when a sim has chosen a spot to eat his meal at and placing his/her full dish on top of the mat.

The mat remains until the meal is finished and the dish is cleared away. It would seem the placemat and the empty dish on top are no longer considered as separate "objects" and when the empty dish is flagged to disappear, the placemat also disappears with it.

Message 2 of 16 (3,584 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah @Hroun_88, it seems like the placemat and plates clearing have gotten all scrambled up. Hope that someone will be able to fix it! Standard smile 

Message 3 of 16 (3,560 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (3,529 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Vanishing Placemats

★★★★ Guide
This is still broken as of the current 1.40 patch.
Message 5 of 16 (3,306 Views)

★★★ Novice
It’s still broken, I keep playing around with it and it seems sometimes 1 sims place mat will stay but the others will disappear. Oh one big thing I noticed is it causes the sims a lot of times to sit and get there food from the middle seat at the table by the food instead of just stand and grab it like they used too.
Message 6 of 16 (3,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Still Broken as of most recent patch.
Message 7 of 16 (2,901 Views)

★ Novice
Still happening to me in June-- just installed Seasons.
Message 8 of 16 (2,743 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is still broken after the 2nd Seaons “Fix” patch. 😕😕😕😕😕😕😕

Message 9 of 16 (2,683 Views)

★★★★ Guide
I've had inconsistent placemats. Sometimes they remain when guest sims eat their meal at the table, but household sims eating at the table cause the placemats to disappear.
Message 10 of 16 (2,672 Views)