[FIXED] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

by Pegasyms

Original Post

Re: Sims not coming home from work/school on time

Hero

@CaoBoudwin

I moved your posts over to the correct bug report then.

Please click me too on the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 83 (1,343 Views)

Teen leaves school early without reason

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Luxury Stuff Pack, Perfect Patio Stuff Pack, Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack. Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Garden Stuff Pack, Bowling Night Stuff Pack and Laundry Day Stuff Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send teen Sims to school, wait 2-3 Sim-hours and then the Sims will probably leave school early.
What happens when the bug occurs? I send my teen Sim to school. The teen Sim stays there for about 2-3 hours, then she returns from school, without any notification. It doesn't decrease her school performance, but it does decrease the responsibility trait a bit. I cannot send her back to school. All her needs were full and all other household Sims were also at work or at home, no one was travelling. Right now my Sim can't increase her school performance.
What do you expect to see? I try to send my teen Sim to school, she stays there until the end of the school day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It happened two Sim-days in a row so far. At first, I thought it was due to the heavy snowfall and my teen got a snow day. However, I don't think Sims 4 Seasons has a snow day, so I think it is a bug. Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 32 of 83 (1,276 Views)

Re: Teen leaves school early without reason

Hero
Did you give them lunch packs ? There's a known issue with those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 83 (1,264 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, she did have a packed lunch with her. I'll send her to school without one from now on. Thank you, I didn't know that!
Message 34 of 83 (1,258 Views)

Hero

@Floofje

I've merged your post with the current report on the issue then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 83 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue, is a shame we cant use lunch packs

Message 36 of 83 (1,208 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

★★ Novice

This problem might be a conflict between the base game's automatic eating while hungry at work/school and the sack lunch's trigger. Every time this error occurs for me, the Sim's hunger bar gets filled right before the get kicked from the rabbit hole, but the sack lunch isn't consumed from the inventory. This would indicate that the sack lunch's trigger isn't overriding the base eating trigger properly and the conflict between the two is forcing the rabbit hole activity (i.e. work/school) to cancel.

Just random speculation on my part, as I'm no expert, but I do hope they get this resolved soon regardless. It's not a game breaking bug, but it's still irritating to not be able to use sack lunches.

Message 37 of 83 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, this is happening to me too. I've had it happen to a child sim who had a packed lunch and an adult sim. The child sim had a tuna sandwich or something (one of the sack lunch sandwich options from the refrigerator) while the adult had a regular cooked meal put into a bag for work. The adult got paid for the few hours of work she did, but she wouldn't progress very much in her job because she left. It's not totally game-breaking or anything, but I hope a solution for the issue will be found by the next patch or so!

Message 38 of 83 (1,149 Views)

Champion
Until they patch it, you can just stop giving them pack lunches if you need them to stay for the full school/workday for the performance.
Message 39 of 83 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It just started happening with the console update that gave us the terrain manipulation tools. It happens with every household member, adults leave work early as well. It wasn't doing that before the update and yes it is the lunches that causes the problem.

Message 40 of 83 (951 Views)