Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I hope this bug will be fix in todays update (april 16th) because lunch pack were the main reason I got parenthood. I love sending my kids and husband to school/work with their lunch pack. It adds some much needed realism to to game...

Message 51 of 83 (1,446 Views)

Hero
It wasn't in the patch notes but feel free to test and see if it is :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 83 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Tested the lunch sack and it's not fixed Devil

Message 53 of 83 (1,394 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here :/

Message 54 of 83 (1,365 Views)

★ Novice

Is not fixed, and I'm sad because I love to send my kids to school with lunches. I hope they fix it soon.

Message 55 of 83 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm, this is still and issue. Came home right at noon.

Message 56 of 83 (1,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

If I remember right this happens if the food spoils before they eat it, a parenting message should come up, sim ate bad food at cafeteria should I send the sim to the nurses office or send home early. its part of the parenthood random card draws. There is also one from Get To Work that says your child was sent home early sick with one of the random get to work sickness moodlets. "Hello, this is the principle I am calling to tell you one of your children isn't feeling too well we are sending the child home, and if no one is home it will ask you for a babysitter or to choose one of the sims to leave work early. Both should only happen with children though.

Edit: The Parenthood one should give the sim the urrupt uncomfortable moodlet like you get if you ate bad food, if you send them home they go and throw up in the toilet.

Edit: The Get To Work one should send the child home with one of the get to work bugs.  Hi, this is the principle we are sending one of your children home because kids will be kids and he/she seems to have contracted a illness perhaps plenty of rest is in order.  The kid comes home displaying the illness symptom.

Edit: my wording is not exact because I have no family that is currently in school.

Message 57 of 83 (1,287 Views)

Children/Teens with sack lunches come home from school early

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything but the Pets Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the "Parenthood" pack and have children. Have your adult sim make your child a sack lunch before school.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever I send my child and/or teenager to school with a sack lunch in their inventory, they come home from school early.
What do you expect to see? Children and teenagers should stay at school for the whole school day, even if they have a sack lunch in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I send my child or teenager to school with a sack lunch in their inventory, they come back from school early. I have posted about this issue on several Sim groups on Facebook and a lot of other people are having the same problem. 

Message 58 of 83 (1,257 Views)

Re: Children/Teens with sack lunches come home from school early

Hero

HI @choran929 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 83 (1,238 Views)

★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Parenthood, Dine Out Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio

What I have discovered:

• The type of sack lunch does not matter
  • High school or grade school does not make a difference
  • The career does not matter
  • Changing school away options does not matter
  • It seems the Sims always come back 2 hours after you sent them
  • When the Sims are sent home for school early, it affects their grades

Here are some images from my game showing this bug:

05-11-19_6-43-43 AM.png

The Sim is on her way to school with a sack lunch in her inventory.

05-11-19_6-48-28 AM.png

The Sim is back home about 2 hours after she was sent to school.

Message 60 of 83 (1,222 Views)