Sim Coming Home From Work (Ending Work Day) Too Early

by CastleCatt

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

★★ Guide
I just discovered this issue with my game. But it only made one of my sims children come home. It ruined his level of responsibility so I ended up rage quitting.
Message 21 of 83 (2,056 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue also. Have only noticed it since the update after seasons but have noticed it worse since installing get famous and the latest update. I have a household with 8 Sims 7 of which are children/ teens. It only sends the children home who have a sack lunch in their inventory. Usually between 10am and 11am.

Message 22 of 83 (2,022 Views)
Highlighted

Sim Coming Home From Work (Ending Work Day) Too Early

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Luxury Party Stuff, Get Together, Get to Work, Holiday Celebration Pack, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Good question. I save the game in increments. In an earlier save, the bug doesn't seem to be there. However, after getting married, moving to a new home, and getting jobs. Maybe you could open up a long played saved game, have 2 sims living on same lot, and have them get jobs. *shrug* Sorry I am not sure how to duplicate it. It's just happening to me right now.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my sim goes to work in the Painting career (I haven't tried other careers yet) she keeps coming home too early. Sometimes it's after a couple of hours or less. Sometimes it's an hour or so before the official end of their workday.
What do you expect to see? A sim should stay at work until the end of their shift every work day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am a technophobe. Sorry about that! I haven't erased my sim saves to start all the way over. I don't remember how. I've already played a ton of hours previously with no problems. Then I put the game down for a couple of months and have started it back up where I left off. The problem is occurring on a 2nd generation. I did run a repair twice, and the issue still persists. Thank you!

Message 23 of 83 (2,016 Views)

Re: Sim Coming Home From Work (Ending Work Day) Too Early

Hero
are you giving them lunch packs ? There's a bug with those.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 83 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh wow yes I didn't even think about that. My sim has a lunch pack in her inventory from when she "grew up and moved out" !! And I did see a post about the packed lunch. I just didn't think about the fact that she's holding onto one. That is so easily remedied. Do I need to start the game over, or can I just remove the lunch and play where I left off?

Message 25 of 83 (2,000 Views)

Hero
Remove the lunch pack and go on and check if she still comes home early the next day she goes to work

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 83 (1,995 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had 4/5 days of returning early before with packed lunch in inventory.

Now I have 3/3 days of staying work until official work end with no lunch in inventory.

I didn't have to start the game over. Simply removing the lunch from inventory fixed the issue. I had another Sim unpack it just to get rid of it completely -- to be thorough. I'm going to give this a 99.9% fixed rating, allowing for the slim possibility that I am mistaken (since I seem to hit every bug there is, not just in this game but in anything tech related. lol )

Thank you so much!! You truly rock.

Message 27 of 83 (1,986 Views)

Re: Sims not coming home from work/school on time

★★ Novice
I'm having this problem but the opposite. They're coming home ridiculously early so they're only at work for an hour or so but I can't send them back. It's compromising their income and work/school performance.
Message 28 of 83 (1,999 Views)

Hero

Hi @CaoBoudwin

there's currently a bug with launch packs. Do you give them lunch packs ? If so, they will come home instead of eating them there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 83 (1,992 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, I have been! Thank you so much for this fix!
Message 30 of 83 (1,923 Views)