Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, and stuff packs except Spooky Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim prepare a sack lunch. Then have sim go to school or work. Around the time the sim would normally eat the lunch, they leave school/work early instead.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim leaves school/work early and arrives back on the home lot.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to eat the lunch, get a happy moodlet, but stay at work or school until the end of the shift.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Nov. 13th 2018 patch. It's possible this bug occurred in a previous patch, around the time of Seasons, as I wasn't using sack lunches that often, but it now occurs every time.

See above

Message 1 of 83 (9,248 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

Community Manager (retired)

This should've been fixed in the patch that we released July 16th. I'm not seeing it happen anymore in my own game.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 68 of 83 (6,865 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [PH] Sack Lunches cause Sims to return from school/work early

★★ Novice

It might be, actually. I'll have to try without the lunches.

Message 2 of 83 (9,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• Duplicated on my own game
  • Will be added to compiled list on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 83 (9,063 Views)

sims 4 not eating sack lunch & coming home early after November 2018 patch

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs, all stuff packs except for vampires,stuff packs: laundry, cool kitchen, backyard and pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play it after the November 2018 patch
What happens when the bug occurs? Soon after the November 2018 patch was updated, I noticed that my sims no longer eat their sack lunch no matter how hungry they are before they leave for work and/or school. They come home fine, but their sack lunches remain untouched in their inventories. Other problem is that they come home way earlier than they should. One adult hat works comes home at 1 in the afternoon when he should be home by 7 pm. The teen comes home at 10 in the morning when he should be at school. I tried to load an earlier save, one I played before the patch and the same thing was happening. But before the patch, they always ate their sack lunches even if their hunger was just half full. The only problem I had before the patch were the place settings disappearing. Now, the place settings work fine but it isn't fun and it's so annoying when they come home way earlier than they should. I really enjoyed the sack lunches, and now, it's useless since they don't eat them anyway.
What do you expect to see? they do not eat their sack lunches anymore and they come home earlier than they should
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2018 patch

Soon after the November 2018 patch was updated, I noticed that my sims no longer eat their sack lunch no matter how hungry they are before they leave for work and/or school.  They come home fine, but their sack lunches remain untouched in their inventories.  Other problem is that they come home way earlier than they should.  One adult hat works comes home at 1 in the afternoon when he should be home by 7 pm.  The teen comes home at 10 in the morning when he should be at school.  I tried to load an earlier save, one I played before the patch and the same thing was happening.  But before the patch, they always ate their sack lunches even if their hunger was just half full.  The only problem I had before the patch were the place settings disappearing.  Now, the place settings work fine but it isn't fun and it's so annoying when they come home way earlier than they should.  I really enjoyed the sack lunches, and now, it's useless since they don't eat them anyway.

Message 4 of 83 (8,989 Views)

Re: sims 4 not eating sack lunch & coming home early after November 2018 pat

Hero

@attaboi123

Merged your post with exiting thread.

Feel free to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 83 (8,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I tested it with 2 sims.. one went to work with his lunch in his inventory and he came home at the right time.  The other one went to school with his lunch, and he came home early, still with his lunch in his inventory.  I also tried to make them go to work and school without any sack lunches, and they come home at the right time.  Therefore, I now know that there is a problem with the sack lunches being in their inventories.  Sadly!  This only started happening after I updated my game with the November 2018 patch.  Before that, the only problem I had wee the place settings disappearing.

Message 6 of 83 (8,975 Views)

Hero
Yeah. I have been able to replicate as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 83 (8,962 Views)
Highlighted

sim leaving work early

★ Apprentice

Ever since I got the new update, my Sim has been leaving work early, like 2 hours after she goes to work. I am not clicking anything to make her do this. Before you ask, yes, I deleted everyone single mod I had, and it still happened. Have any suggestions? 

Message 8 of 83 (8,977 Views)

Re: sim leaving work early

Hero (Retired)
@Singerlover9
Delete from game folder localthumbcache.package file and fix game in Origin. Removing mods is not enough.
If it's not a new game bug, it should help
I don't work for EA
Message 9 of 83 (8,970 Views)

Re: sim leaving work early

★★ Apprentice

I've been having the same problem ever since the latest update, and I've been experimenting a bit while playing the game in order to try and figure out what exactly seems to be setting the bug off. I had this bug where my Sim came home early twice, and the third time I sent my Sim to work, she worked the entire shift. First off, when my Sim came home early, she had at least one need in the yellow, but when she worked the entire shift, I had her needs very high when she left for work, and they stayed in the green the whole time. (Entertainer career, Musician branch; fairly short shifts.) Second, I have Parenthood and I usually send my Sims to work with a sack lunch. When my Sim came home early, she had a sack lunch in her inventory and her hunger was in the yellow, but when the bug sent her home early she still had her sack lunch in her inventory. When my Sim worked the entire shift, she didn't have a sack lunch in her inventory. So as far as I can figure out, either the bug is sending our Sims home early when their needs drop too low while they're at work, or the sack lunches from Parenthood are bugged and causing the game to send our Sims home instead of having our Sims eat their sack lunches while they're at work. I'll keep experimenting in order to find out what's actually going on.

Message 10 of 83 (8,964 Views)