Re: [OPEN] [PH] Wash dishes spamming

by dlcalbaugh

Original Post

★ Novice

I noticed that all my sims with the responsible trait(and ones with it in range) keep going to sinks to wash dishes despite no dirty dishes existing anywhere or even on them. I do have mods, but I don't know if any of them should be making this a problem since my father sim with no responsible trait doesn't do it. I have tried starting a new game to test whether it was responsible or manner trait. I think in that game it was manners, but in my current family my one sim only has the responsible and they do it. I have tried repairing the game and trying it in a new family looked fine though perhaps I should have tested them longer, but my current family is still doing the interaction. My one sim is normal while the two others are vampires, but I am unsure if that is just coincidence. It could be linked since I didn't notice this with her until I got my vampires actually. 

Message 30 of 74 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I've noticed this too. My Sims are doing it as children and teens as well. I only have the base game + parenthood. My Sim family has 4 children. One has already moved out and has a family of her own. She frequently stops by to visit. I notice that when she visits she'll still go to the sink when left alone as if to wash the dishes. I'm not even in control of her because she lives on a different lot. She'll go from the kitchen sink and even go upstairs to the bathroom sink. There's no dishes on the lot or in their inventory.   

Message 31 of 74 (1,472 Views)

★★ Novice

Three sims in my household are doing this.  Removing the trait with the cheat code only works until they travel.  I tried making a new game file and did not allow them to get good manners during child/teen ages, however they are still trying to wash dishes as adults.  I have even tried getting MC Controller to stop annoying interactions (autonomous cleaning) and even enabling this option does not stop them from doing it...

Looks to me like sims older than teen are gaining these skills (without the ++Manners, etc text appearing).  The sims I put in as adults start out being gross (farting/belching, etc) but as I play through the game over time they no longer act gross.  Might be only a matter of time before they are all hovering by the sinks trying to wash invisable dishes!!!

Message 32 of 74 (1,439 Views)

★ Novice
Every sim I make does this. Wether parenthood is installed or not. I've even re installed the game 3/4 times over. The game is unplayable as all my sims will do is wash dishes that aren't there and will cancel every action in order to do it !
Message 33 of 74 (1,419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is almost game breaking. If a sim invites sims over and you don't control them then there is nothing you can do. Even a reset has only a small effect and tehy go right back to it.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 34 of 74 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

There is nothing I can find to fix these trait bugs aside from cloning the sim at young adult with the get to work cloning device. it gose beyond just simply dish washing as well it affect play with emotion pretty highly as well. you'll often find your sims neglecting their tasks to go play an instrument. No it's not you it's maxis issue. They did poor development on the parenthood pack. if you notice your sims never actualy age out of teen and continuously choose actions to move to the good side of the management. this is what causes the bugs mostly they don't cap off the trait earning at young adult as they should have. your sims should not be getting into fights with other sims and losing self control when they aren't even needing to earn it and it's the same for the others as well. after my sim who is a clone plays with emotion he gets green + marks for it when he was never a teen in the first place. Same thing when he gets into fights (vampires do that a lot) they lose conflict resolution even though they are single live alone never had a kid or a childhood. So no it'sa not you it's them and it's poor sad sad development on their behalf. the best I can tell you to do is if you like a sim and want to keep it around clone it with "get to work" it will make it a sibling of the one you clone and keep it in the family. I also don't see them making any attempts to fix anything in parenthood at all. I've notice they've change a lot of facial expressions and things that happen when sims woohoo but nothing to help the parenthood pack.

Message 35 of 74 (1,403 Views)

★ Guide

Having played my current active Sim from toddler to a Young Adult living on his own now, I feel pretty confident when I say that I agree with the assessment that the Social Behavior "skills" continue to affect and influence behavior even once the kids get out on their own as adults.  Every time he "Plays with Emotion" at an instrument he gets the green +Emotional Control.  And yes, when he is not gaining Emotional Control at the instrument, he is going from sink to sink to sink to sink to sink to sink to sink to sink to sink trying to wash non-existent dishes.

Seriously.  The Washing Dishes needs to only trigger when there are actually dishes to wash.  That and toning back on Family Bonding activities (Watch Kids TV / Dance to any stereo) would stop a LOT of headaches while trying to play now. (I know that the excessive Family Bonding activities have their own thread(s), but I felt it relevant to tag on here.)

Message 36 of 74 (1,401 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah parenthood need a lot more consideration then they gave to it before introduction cause it effects all the packs and the entire content. I'm not being a debby downer by saying they wont fix it I'm just saying that it'll take a lot of effort cause they have to go through each and every pack to fix parenthood. it shoulda been introduced at the beginging not this late in the game. Cloning dose fix the dish washing bug however and you can delete the sim you clone it from but it will still play with emotion and do various other things that are rooted in other packs like working at the hospital and "cleaning the floor" wana see a doctor fail put a neat sim in a hospital lol. Without cheating or modding the only way to fix a sim is cloning it at young adult hood. Cloning has glitches of it's own but it you wana save the sim and it's earned traits and are to frustrated with the dish washing it's best bet. it will take them a great deal of time to fix parenthood cause of how deeply rooted it is in everything which is what it should be. Anyways learn to clone and gl Standard smile.

Message 37 of 74 (1,395 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

My problem with the spamming of "wash dishes" just started yesterday (July 23, 2017). I do not know how to clone a Sim so I won't be able to do that fix, so I might just be stuck with it until it gets fixed, which is soon I hope. My Sim constantly goes to the sinks, wherever she happens to be, to wash the dishes that do not exist. This is most annoying when I take her to public lots and especially when she goes on a date. She won't do anything on her own and cancels out the commands I give her in order to wash dishes. I do not have cc and I did not raise her from a child, she is a YA, she has developed the Good Manners trait since being created as a YA it seems.

Message 38 of 74 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yeah they continue to gain the parenthood traits and earn them as young adults weather or not they were raised or cloned. My cloned sim has fallen below on conflict resolution (vampire sparing and slaying) so my clone now constantly looks for people to fight.He still hasn't started washing dish spam like the others I have so I'm okay with that but I do see it changing if he actualy ate something and had to clean his house. He only has thirst to deal with and he buys packs on the phone but if he actualy ate and had to clean up the dishes it could esculate and i'd have to start over.

Message 39 of 74 (1,315 Views)